I get an electronic Newsletter from Las Vegas (or at least from LasVegas.com) monthly. New York and Las Vegas are perhaps my favorite cities in this country to visit. I’ll give secondary nods to New Orleans and Boston. Chicago is the city that I would like to travel to, but have not.
Viva Las Vegas!
Why Las Vegas? First, I get an energy there that I get nowhere else. Perhaps it’s all of the oxygen they pump into the casinos, perhaps it’s the near-constant daylight brought about by the neon lights, I don’t really know. Second, I like to gamble, low stakes. I stink at gambling and get frustrated with my bad luck, but like to do it nonetheless.
Today’s newsletter made me laugh — here are some highlights.
In a week’s time you can see the following two shows
- Cher with the Village People at MGM Grand on Jan 29th
- I’m sure that all of the queens will be wild at this show
- A Flock of Seagulls at Mandalay Bay on Feb 4th
- The only thing better would be to see a “A Flock of Seagulls” cover band, “A Flock of Doves” perhaps?
BRILLIANT! Did I ever mention that I saw A Flock of Seagulls in Florida circa 1983? Yeah, I was as cool then as I am today.
That’s not enough to sell you on Sin City? How about these fantastic star sightings, also courtesy of the newsletter, that you could have experienced
- Vince Vaughn was spotted at Tabu at MGM
- Aerosmith‘s Steven Tyler and cyclist Lance Armstrong (sans Sheryl Crow apparently) were spotted at Light
- Anna Nicole Smith was levitated by Steve Wyrick during a recent show. (ed note: I know she has lost weight, but I still find this to be impressive)
- Conan O’Brien dined at Nobu in the Hard Rock
And they say what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. I think not.
And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal…
Current Mood – deflated, I’ve got some issues to work through today
Current Music – Sirius Satellite Radio Channel 26, playing Mercury Rev
Current Read – nothing today (still — taking the week off)
What the fuck?? BarkyBark says ‘Why sniff Las Vegas’s turds when you can turn around and smell your own fresh ones?’ – Read the Peach Buzz
Las Vegas turds benefit from the dry heat.