After yet another atrocious attempt at running last night I feared that stepping on the scale would cause irreparable mental and physical damage. As a result a few more things will change as of today
– You will see less of me until there is less of me to see.
– Beer and soda are not my friends, they are my enemies.
– With rare exception restaurants are now dinosaurs to me.
I am sure that I’ve said it in the past but I have been obese in the past and for me it’s like being in jail. I cannot go back.
Sadly this stopped power meter is a good analogy for the current (no pun intended) state of my running — no power
There’s A Shit-ton Of Music Dropping Today
According to Metacritic’s Upcoming Releases Calendar there are twenty-two new discs in record stores today. Twenty-two!
If you listen to Paris Hilton, hers is the only release that should be mentioned. I don’t necessarily listen to Paris Hilton.
I wish I could have heard to all twenty-two of today’s releases so that I could give you an informed decision on what is good and what is not. But I couldn’t so here is
short list of the bands I know and their new releases.
- Jason Molina “Let Me Go, Let Me Go, Let Me Go”
- Mountain Goats “Get Lonely”
- Jennifer O’Connor “Over The Mountain, Across The Valley And Back To The Stars”
- OutKast “Idlewild”
- Primal Scream “Riot City Blues”
- Razorlight “Razorlight”
- Starsailor “On The Outside”
- The Thermals “The Body, The Blood, The Machine”
- M. Ward “Post-War”
[note to self: must fix the CSS for unordered lists]
Of this list I’ve heard the M. Ward stuff the most and am really digging it.
And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal…
Current Mood – pretty shitty
Current Music – Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing Crooked Fingers — “You Threw A Spark”
Website Of The Day – If you are in need of funny flash animations or videos to get you through the day, head on over to Devil Ducky. Caution, not that there is porn on the site but I doubt that anyone would considered this site to be “work safe”. I caution because I care.
Exercise (b)Log – run/walk/walk/walk/run/walk/walk/walk – 5 miles
May your day be better than mine,