[UPDATE @ 12:01am 1/1/2007] I hear the fireworks in the distance. Happy New Year’s everyone.
Well…. here you are. And here I am at 11:30pm on New Year’s Eve sitting at home alone, blogging. See how I suffer for you? Okay, truth be told that after putting myself into a depressed state last night at the Drive By Truckers show I’d rather sit at home alone then to go out. Besides, NYE is a couples’ night and since I’ve proven myself to be uncoupleable with women with whom I have interest, so there’s nothing out there for me tonight.
This year I am going to play the resolution game a little differently. In addition to some grand year-long desires I am going to start to make monthly resolutions that I should be able to attain. At the end of each month I am going to score myself.
1) Lose 20-25 pounds. Yes, this appeared on the 2005 and 2006 lists as well. At least I am consistent.
2) Run no fewer than three half-marathons (currently slated to be ING (Georgia: March); Atlanta Half (Georgia: November); wildcard). There was a thought to throw in a full marathon here but I still remember 2000, and I really remember the pain my ACL had back then after completing my one-and-only road marathon.
3) Finish the ALS 50 mile ride (on my bike, weather permitting), complete at least one century (that would be 100 miles).
4) Either get a girlfriend or give up on the idea entirely. This limbo bullshit drives me fucking nuts.
5) Take at least one trip to a city that I have never visited before.
6) Start taking better notes so that I stop forgetting to add things to the blog, and thus stop beating myself up about forgetting to add things to the blog.
7) Tell at least one person to “Go Fuck Yourself” mostly because I think it would be cathartic for me.
8) See Manchester Orchestra, Gringo Star, Kill Gordon, Sovus Radio in concert. Not all at the same time, that would be ludicrous.
1) Eat more Chinese food, just not at buffets.
2) Ride Marta again.
3) Spend fewer nights at home, but when I do make the nights I spend here enjoyable.
4) Take more photographs. In doing so become a “better” photographer.
5) Attempt to improve the lives of those I call friends and separate myself from those who I call enemies (perhaps that’s too strong a word).
2007: I’d Like To Resolve To Do, But Probably Won’t Happen
1) Either get a girlfriend or give up on the idea entirely.
2) Force people whose blog I miss to start blogging again.
3) Floss every day.
4) Put the past where it belongs, in the past.
1) Lose two pounds.
2) Run no fewer than fifty miles.
3) Do twenty push-ups and fifty sit-ups at least three times a week.
4) See Manchester Orchestra in concert. (January 6th to be exact)
5) Read two books. (for me this might actually be the hardest)
[ANOTHER UPDATE @7:10am 1/1/2007] This is my first meal of 2007, biscuits and homemade sausage gravy. Not exactly “healthy”, but definitely delicious!
That’s enough about me, I’d like to hear what your goals are?
And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal…
Current Mood – blah
Current Music – listening to the Manchester Orchestra CD “I’m Like A Virgin Losing A Child”
Website Of The Day – I’m sorry but this website was suggested by Gmail when I was having a conversation with another blogger about true love — Clean Butt. I think it takes guts to register CleanButt as your domain so I think that they deserve some link love, even if I don’t think I ever want to buy one of their bidet toilet seats.