Not me. For the seventy-ninth straight year I was not awarded and Oscar.
Here’s my theory about the Academy Awards. Originally actors and actresses (yes, I still used this term) were the one the only people who cared about the award show. Most of these people were also waiting tables for a living. In the past many restaurants were closed on Mondays. Therefore it made perfect sense to start the show at 8pm on a Sunday night and go into the late hours because none of the people who really gave a shit had anything to wake up for on Monday.
I was having a fun time at Terri’s house with a big group until about 10:30pm when I decided it was time to end my weekend. Besides, there was no way I was going to win the Oscar Pool. (Terri, who was the big winner?)
I Refuse To Sit In Marta’s Penalty Box!
On Friday I Marta‘d to work in order to avoid the dreaded Friday afternoon traffic jam. On my way home I walked up to a BreezeCard gate to enter the station and got some weird message about the sensor being blocked. “Okaaaaay…” I thought, so I walked over to another gate. At this gate I received an error message telling that the card had already been used and that I had to wait. I tried again at a different gate and received the same error message. At this point I got very frustrated and busted through the gate backwards when a patron exited the station. I tried three times to pay to get in so I didn’t feel guilty doing it.
Karma came back to smack me in the face later in the trip however. Along the southbound trip we experienced mechanical issues (what a shock) and then at Peachtree Center station we waited at least ten minutes for the train to resume its travel.
ITP Flickr Pic
Yesterday I woke up feeling lousy and Atlanta was being pelted by rain. When I finally rolled out of bed the skies had cleared and after much internal debating I decided to go to the Atlanta Zoo.
I think that the $19 admission fee is too high, and that we might want to start thinking about closing down zoos and saving these animals’ natural environs instead.
Call For Help Updates
– It looks like the Phoenix trip is definitely on and that I’ll be using SkyMiles instead of buying a $300 ticket. I found out that Delta doesn’t fly from Seattle to Edmonton (for a later planned trip) and while Alaska Air, one of their codeshares, does it doesn’t appear that I can use SkyMiles for their service.
– I’ve purchased a new tripod. I went with a Manfrotto 3021B Pro with at Bogen 486RC2 ball head (Head? Who said head?).
Thank you all for giving me input on these matters. I really appreciate it.
And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal…
Current Mood – I have wanderlust, as well as many other lusts
Current Music – Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing The Klaxons — “Atlantis To Interzone” (It’s fucking house music! Please don’t tell me that house music is the next in line to be called “indie/college rock”
Website Of The Day – Did you also pack it in too early to see all of the Academy Award winners? Head over to Academy Of Motion Picture Arts And Sciences to see what you missed.
Exercise (b)Log – None. Sadly, I don’t think that my knee is healing.
1) Lose two pounds. (starting weight ~205 lbs)
2) Run no fewer than fifty miles.
3) Do twenty push-ups and fifty sit-ups at least three times a week.
4) Read two books.
5) Go to the Center For Puppetry Arts.
6) Use Marta for commuting at least one day per week.
7) Get all 2007 information into Google Calendar.