But since I do not I am just plain “bat-shit crazy.”
Forget The Alamo, Remember The Canyon!
Tomorrow I will embark on another trip. When I last traveled I went to the worst destination for a person with a fear of heights — the Grand Canyon. Continuing with that theme, this time I am going to the worst place for a person with disdain toward Starbucks — Seattle.
I will also be losing my Canadian Cherry as I will be crossing the border for the first time in my life and heading to Edmonton to visit my friend Tamara. I can’t wait to meet Eskimos, kill polar bears, and smoke Cuban cigars. Wait, they do have Cuban cigars in Canada, right? 😉
Fear not gentile reader, there will be daily updates and plenty of photos. However, much like when I went to Arizona they will be a little later in the day for the East Coasters and dependent on Wi-Fi connectivity.
And now you know one of the reasons I have been staying home and de-cluttering. I want the house to be spotless upon my return and not because someone robbed the joint. (btw – if you are planning on doing so, don’t bother all of the “good stuff” will not be there). Oh, and I finished the book “It’s All Too Much”. If anyone cares to give it a read, drop me an email. You won’t learn anything ground shaking, but it may motivate you to start the process as well.
Finally, does anyone out there have suggestions for what I should do in Seattle? Don’t bother to tell me to go to Starbucks — that shit’s not even funny.
For this trip I am going to try something a little “out there” even by my standards. I will be combining my house de-cluttering with my travel packing. In my suitcase I will pack numerous shirts and pairs-of-underwear that will not be returning home with me (please don’t let them know, they think that they will be coming home).
Call me stupid, but the idea of coming home with more space in my suitcase then when I left and that I will also have more storage space in my closets when I return home has me grinning.
Sometimes it’s the “little things” that make the “big things” better.
ITP Flickr Pic
Traveling to Seattle requires a really long flight when departing from Atlanta. In case I can’t find anyone to join the Mile High Club with me I figured that I’d purchase some software as Plan “B”.
This was $580 cheaper than an iPhone and I can use it on a plane. Besides, I need to practice up on my cribbage.
If You Were Granted Three
Wishes iTunes Songs
With my Interpol CD purchase this week I was given three free iTunes downloads.
Here is what I plan on purchasing
1: Genesis — “Turn It On” (I have been singing this song for weeks)
2: Frankie Goes To Hollywood — “Two Tribes” (another song that seems to enter my head too often)
I realize that the two I’ve mentioned are ancient, but this is a hard decision for me because I already own much of the music that I like. What three songs would you pick?
I’m A Fucking Jenius Too
[Big Brother 8 Spoiler Alert: You Have Been Warned]
It’s one week into the show and I am already thoroughly disgusted.
– Julie Chen is awful, and she has always been awful! I know she’s married to some CBS exec (or something like that), but doesn’t anyone at CBS have the cajones to get a better host?
– I really wanted Carol to stay over the always-crying, battered-wife-looking (is she wearing red eye shadow?) Amber. My only hope is that God spared her so that He can electrocute her later in the season.
– I thought America’s Player, Eric, might be a hired actor. But we found out that he’s a real schmuck whose friends and family were disappointed find out that he’s our puppet.
– How is it possible for Jessica to still sound like she is seven-years-old? On top of that she is smug! Why was she given the pleasure of watching Carol get evicted? Did she earn this revenge? CBS should have been much smarter than this and made it so that all six “rivals” were exempt from eviction for the first week. They invested a lot of plot-line in the “rivals”; they should have worked to keep it going. (Is this going to be another failed experiment like when Survivor had the Grand Social Experiment of splitting tribes along racial lines which lasted all of three weeks into the season?)
Jen is HoH? HAHAHAHA! This will be grand! When the big teacup was spinning and the players determined how much water it could hold for their tie-breaking question I was screaming “Nothing, it’s got a big fucking hole on the side!”. I would have never answered “zero” because I have learned in life one should rarely be so literal. I really think that Jen thought that it could only hold forty-one gallons. Is that as high as she can count?
Think You’ve Got Top Chef Chops?
From 12-4pm this Sunday Top Chef will be holding a casting call at the Hard Rock Cafe in downtown Atlanta (That place still exists?). If you think that you have what it takes, check out the Top Chef Casting Info.
And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal…
Current Mood – anxious
Current Music – Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing Meat Puppets — “Up On The Sun” (I’ll be seeing them, at least what remains, at The EARL. Will you?)
Website Of The Day – Have you missed any of your favorite RealiTV shows and don’t have a DVR or the time to watch them on the web? Go to TVgasm and read their hilarious recaps. (thanks Phil)
Exercise (b)Log – no formal exercise, but plenty of movement while cleaning. Of course it did little to work off the bacon blue burger I ate at The EARL.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – My car
0) Celebrate my 42nd birthday
1) Get my first Ruby / Ruby on Rails program written
2) Get my photoblog up and running