Suffice to say that MTV won’t be tracking me down to record the week’s events in my life for “Best Week Ever”. A typical day this week went as follows
1. Wake up
2. Get ready for work
4. Return home
5. Watch tv/internet or Surf internet
6. Fall asleep
I’m Falling In Love With Google Calendar
I am an organization freak. I Love, Love, Love feeling organized and Hate, Hate, Hate feeling disorganized.
I am slowly incorporating Google Calendar into my daily life. I must say that at first I had issues with it, but now I am learning to use it like a Ginsu knife. Once I figure out how to sync my Google Calendars to items used offline (such as a BlackJack phone) I will be completely hooked.
Someday I will also update the template for this blog so that I can incorporate a Google Calendar widget.
Look Ma! No More Corned Beef Missing Sundays!
I received an email yesterday from the New York Corned Beef Society Of Atlanta stating that freshly-made corned beef will be served at Twain’s each and every Sunday. Sweet Chicken! Um, I mean, Sweet Beef!
There is a good possibility that I will end up at Twain’s this Sunday, that is of course if I don’t end up at Zocalo in Grant Park instead.
ITP Flickr Pic
Two for the price of one!
You just saw the only photo I took this week. So sad.
– When I think of the made-up term “lesbionic” strange thoughts of Lindsay Wagner run through my head.
– I listened to twenty-year-old R.E.M. (“Reckoning” and “Life’s Rich Pageant”) on my commute home yesterday. I sang as many of the lyrics that I knew and I didn’t give a shit what the drivers around me thought.
– If my current life was a Venn Diagram there would be two non-intersecting circles — one labeled “Paulie” the other labeled “Women”. It’s been that long since I’ve been on a date.
– I bought a book “1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die.” I will probably die before I finish reading the book, never mind actually seeing the paintings.
– I have been suffering with poison ivy for the entire month of August. It’s bad enough that I get it hashing, I think that I also picked some up going into my own back yard.
– In my world dogfish would chase catfish. And for that matter, since cats like to eat fish why don’t catfish chase each other around?
– Would anyone go see a photo-blog called “ShutterFUG: A Repository of Portraits of Fucking Ugly People”?
And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal…
Current Mood – odd, which for me is normal
Current Music – Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing Morrissey — “You Have Killed Me”
Website Of The Day – I love bacon. I love salt. Why wouldn’t I love Bacon Salt? Here’s the real kicker, it’s Kosher!
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Monthly Mileage – 7 miles (my odometer seems to be stuck)
Mode Of Transportation To Work – My car
1) Get my first Ruby / Ruby on Rails program written
3) Lose 5 pounds (if at first, second, third, fourth, you don’t succeed….)
Bacon salt: not only kosher, but vegetarian?? Where do you find these things?
Again, love the Bug pictures. I wonder which is the newer model? I like the blue one: it looks like there’s a face smiling back at you. Much like mine would have been if I had been a passenger and saw this first.
Vegetarian bacon salt? I’m in! Thanks for the tip.
So, I think we should get a group order of this bacon salt so we can save on postage? I’m in……….
Don’t forget the after-dinner Bacon Mints:
Perhaps I shouldn’t have shaken things up so much…
I am currently at home because my security alarm went off. The system’s battery is low (any one know where to buy a 12v 4ah battery?).
Also, Amazon is having trouble charging my credit card and the credit card company is trying to contact me.
Crazy bat-shit day.
Batteries Plus……… I swear they have all the batteries you could ever need.
Cool. It looks like they might have what I need.
You mean there are actual lyrics in Reckoning?!? 😉 The good thing about singing along to that album is that even if you don’t know the words you can just mumble along with Stipe and it’ll still sound damn good!
Cliff Yablonski and Emily Eddy’s Pork Disco have some good ugly people. Neither is updated regularly enough to satisfy my urge to feel superior.