Alternate Title #1: All Is Quiet On New Year’s Day
Alternate Title #2: Let’s Talk About Reduction
Alternate Title #3: Don’t Look Back
Well hello there. How’s the head? A bit cloudy? I thought warned you about the hazards of drinking cheap champagne.
Some Things Change, Some Things Stay The Same
For 2009 I’m once again altering the stats/goals section of this blog (see below). I liked the way I altered it a few months ago, but felt it needed a little more “punch.” Even if you are a seasoned ITP-Reader I encourage you to take a peak, it’s quite content-dense now.
1001 / 5 = 200(.2)
If I spend two hundred and one days at home I expect to completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die. How do I, a self-admitting poor reader, expect to complete a book which is over one thousand pages long? Five pages a night for every night that I sleep in my bed.
ITP Flickr Pic
This photo made today’s blog posting late. As has become tradition, this was my first meal of the year.
Yes, it was delicious. It also allowed me to close the book on 2008’s catalog of photos and start a brand new one for 2009.
Ten Years After
March of 2009 will mark my tenth anniversary in my house. Holy shit. Ten years. As I noted some time way back in 2008 I have sworn to implement a plan to repair all ills in a given room each month. Honestly this may be incredibly difficult to pull off, impossible to do alone, but I’m going to try and get all ailments of this house correct — with the help of others.
Blame It On South Canada (aka Wisconsin)
Today is Cheddarhead. Beer, hashing, polka music, beer, cheese curds, sausages, beer, bowling, beer! Can you see why I’ve scheduled January 2, 2009 as a paid day off? I expect to be blogging about my third Cheddarhead Bowling Championship tomorrow. 🙂
Does Anal Retentive Contain A Hyphen? (aka Stats & Goals)
Current Mood – fresh, even though I’ve yet to shower
Current Music – listening to the “This American Life” podcast
Website Of The Day – Read about the history of Cheddarhead on the Atlanta Hash website (click on the Cheddarhead link in the right-hand galley under Special Events).
Mode Of Transportation To Work – No work today!
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Foot Mileage – 0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 1 (1)
Vegetarian Days – 0
Carnivorous Days – 0
Marta Rides – 0
– Complete all necessary work on the dining room (not going to lie, I picked an easy room first)
– Lose no fewer than two pounds
– Run no fewer than 50 miles
– Completely read Softbox Lighting Techniques for Professional Photographers, Conceptual Blockbusting: A Guide to Better Ideas, and How to Be Happy, Dammit: A Cynic’s Guide to Spiritual Happiness
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem