As I awoke from a restless night of sleep with a sore back, shoulder and elbow this morning I remembered three things:
1) I bowled terribly yesterday. I thought that I found my groove at one point but that passed quickly.
2) When I got home I ate two pieces of pizza that I had in the freezer.
3) I had a great time at Cheddarhead, even if my night apparently ended with tweeting the full blown version of the hash’s favorite saying “FYYFF”.
I don’t remember much else.
Cheddarhead, Oh Cheddarhead
This year marks my tenth year of hashing. In those years I missed the annual Cheddarhead Hash twice — once because some friends of mine got married in Boston on January 1st, and once because I was attending a January 1st birthday party for someone with whom I was trying to make inroads (I got nowhere, I should have gone to Cheddarhead).
By and large the organizers of Cheddarhead have orchestrated a great event. During the years of my attendance we’ve had snow once, otherwise the weather has been fantastic. Yesterday’s weather was nearly perfect, and did not deter approximately 190 people to come out and celebrate the day.
The trail was a typical Cheddarhead affair. It had a little shiggy, a great Wisconsin beer stop, and then an easy trail to the end. What makes Cheddarhead is the ending however. I gorged on fried cheese curds, poutine, a Johnsonville brat, and beer. I’d blame the food intake for my poor bowling, but I consumed the same fare prior to my two bowling wins.
Overall the day was filled with fun and seeing a bunch of people that I haven’t see in a long time.
ITP Flickr Pic
The other night I joined a friend for dinner and a little walkabout the Jesus Junction portion of Buckhead.
I don’t shoot night photography often. However, when I do I enjoy playing around with longer exposures.
I’ve Only Fifteen Days Of Vacation, Today Would Be One Used
I’m using one of my precious paid vacation days today. For a four-day weekend (albeit the weather is not going to cooperate much) I think it’s a PDO well spent.
I am going to attempt to be productive today, but I’m not going to beat myself up if I am not. In the queue are eating at some point, doing some reading (just look at those goals!), and a continuation of cleaning my dining room. I also will try to determine the fate of my xbox360 after making confirmation that its hard drive had indeed died.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – sore physically, tired mentally
Current Music – listening to the “Net @ Nite” podcast
Website Of The Day – While I expect bacon’s popularity to decline in 2009 I’m still enamored with it. Apparently so are the people at Bacon Today.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – No work today!
Exercise (b)Log – hashing, probably no more than 3 miles
Foot Mileage – 3 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 2 (2)
Vegetarian Days – 0
Carnivorous Days – 1
Marta Rides – 0
– Complete all necessary work on the dining room (not going to lie, I picked an easy room first)
– Lose no fewer than two pounds
– Run no fewer than 50 miles
– Completely read Softbox Lighting Techniques for Professional Photographers, Conceptual Blockbusting: A Guide to Better Ideas, and How to Be Happy, Dammit: A Cynic’s Guide to Spiritual Happiness
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem