It’s been a rough one with little relief in sight. However, time marches on so I will march on into March with it.
How Stupid Do I Look?
Don’t feel compelled to answer that.
Yesterday I received an email from Curry Honda containing the following passage:
HeyPaul, we have great news for our Loyal Service Customers! If you have been thinking about getting a new or pre-owned vehicle this New Year here is the opportunity you have been waiting for. If you purchase a vehicle in our inventory within 14 days of your last service visit, we will reimburse your service bill for up to $1000. That’s cold hard cash back in your pocket!
So let me get this straight. I give you $2700 to fix my car and you want to offer me up to $1000 of that back so I can go into debt and return to having a car payment? Yeah, no. That’s alright you can fuckoff.
Another One Bites The Dust
The faltering economy combined with the change in lifestyle has taking its toll on another local business. Last night I found out that local CD merchant Ella Guru will be shuttering its doors.
The timing of the notification is the strangest part of this scenario. Just the other day I passed Ella Guru on my drive into work and wondered how it was doing, and hoped that it wouldn’t be closing any time soon. Admittedly, I had yet to visit the store since it moved from its Toco Hill location to Inman Park last September, but that was more about my desire to no longer purchase physical media than a condemnation on the store’s quality.
Hell’s Kitchen: There Is No Thrill Of V-C-I-T-O-R-Y Tonight
Nobody on this season’s Hell’s Kitchen is a winner, they are all losers.
Hell’s Kitchen was open for breakfast! (I lurve me some breakfast!) This time the customers were children, annoying little football-playing boys and cheerleading-girls. I couldn’t believe my eyes to see that Colleen was cheering along with the girls while in the kitchen instead of cooking. Way to put a bulls-eye on your back, Einstein. (Oh, and I laughed my ass off when she misspelled “victory” while reciting a cheer.) However, the ladies rallied to serve all of their guests first and for the first time this season the men lost the reward challenge. The men’s punishment seemed far less brutal than last week’s lugging of beef and eating of primary cuts, however. For their punishment the men had to prep all of the food for the night’s service.
As is always the case the night’s episode contained an unhealthy portion of in-fighting and back-stabbing.
For the elimination both teams faltered and Gordo shut the kitchen down. In doing so Gordo told each team to nominate two candidates for elimination. In the end it was Smartass Seth to get the boot for his lack of cooking chops. I, for one, am happy to see him go.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay, busy, hectic
Current Music – watching/listening to last night’s Hell’s Kitchen
Website Of The Day – Emory University is hold a recycling event tomorrow.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – stair climbing, six flights of stairs
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 27 (27)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 26
Marta Rides – 0
– Complete all necessary work on my bed room
– Lose no fewer than one pound
– Run no fewer than 30 miles
– Completely read Softbox Lighting Techniques for Professional Photographers, and Conceptual Blockbusting: A Guide to Better Ideas
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem