I am trying to take a different view of life. I’ve already had one potential impediment to this regarding the Jackmobile, but nothing related to last week’s service. Upon arriving at work I had difficult getting the ignition switch back to the position where it would allow me to remove the key. I’ll chalk it up to the steering wheel not being locked as when I backed up and re-parked it worked properly.
I’m trying people. I’m trying.
I’m Going Hashing In The Snow? I Must Be Insane
Luckily for me there are plenty of insane people who hash. The must have been fifteen or so [update: I just looked at the sign-in sheet and there were twenty-four hounds!] of us who braved the cold and snow in order to drink beer and watch a trio of hares park it on the ice.
As a credit to the day’s hares ITP-reader Betsy (aka Boner Rooter) and non-ITP-readers Blue Ball Special and Dumb Fuck cut some of the distance from their original plan, and colored their flour so that it could be seen on the snow.
I thought the trail was quite enjoyable and used the snow to my advantage. Since I am far from the fastest person hashing these days I was able to follow the footsteps of those who hashed before me. Remember, hash smarter not harder kids.
A Mere 97 Cents From My Goal
According to my somewhat-shady accounting for my first challenge at Seven-Day Project I finished my week consuming $30.97 worth of food/drink. (What this doesn’t include, and I noted this in the final entry for the week, was the $7 that I spent yesterday for hashing.)
The $30/week challenge was an interesting one. I don’t believe that any of the contestants who participated made it under the $30 mark and many of them consumed free/donated meals during the week. Therefore I must say that I am rather proud of myself, and am glad that this challenge is in the books. And for those who thought this would be a great weight-loss opportunity — I actually gained one pound this week. Dangen!
Later today I’ll be posting my next Seven-Day Challenge, to eat only vegetarian food for the next week. Yep, one week, 7/7ths as a vegetarian. At least it won’t have to be cheap vegetarian food. 🙂
ITP FLickr Pic
Obligatory snow picture.
I’m originally from New York so March 1st snow storms are nothing new to me. I’m amazed how many Atlanta residents get all stoked at snow as if it’s never occurred before.
The Amazing Race Would Have Been More Amazing Had I Stayed Awake
At approximately 7:58pm, two minutes before the start of The Amazing Race my eyes must have closed because when they reopened it was 8:45pm. Therefore I missed three-quarters of the night’s episode. I’m not sure who won,and I saw who got eliminated, but I know nothing else of the evening’s episode.
I’ll be looking at CBS to see if they have the episode online.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – trying to be happy, but fear that things are already lining up to halt that
Current Music – listening to “The Sound Opinion” podcast
Website Of The Day – If you’ve been around the internet for any amount a time then you’ve certainly been introduced to at least half of the “Greg Rutter’s Definitive List of The 99 Things You Should Have Already Experienced On The Internet Unless You’re a Loser or Old or Something” shown at You Should Have Seen This.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – hashing in the snow, I’ll guess for about 2.5 miles(?)
Monday Morning Weigh-In – 200 pounds
Foot Mileage – 2.5 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 2 (2)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 1
Marta Rides – 0
– Complete all necessary work on my kitchen
– Lose no fewer than one pound
– Run no fewer than 30 miles
– Completely read Softbox Lighting Techniques for Professional Photographers, and Conceptual Blockbusting: A Guide to Better Ideas
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem