Based on how rushed I always feel these days it seems a no-brainer that I’d have much about which to blog. But for some reason I am struggling.
The Not-So-Itsy Bitsy Spider
The not-so-itsy bitsy spider
Was in my shower stall
Down went my wash cloth
And crushed him legs and all
In to the drain pipe
The squishy spider went
At least I didn’t…
Give up killing spiders for Lent
Again… animals, including insects, which take up residence in my house without my permission are enemies. This is especially the case for spiders who are about the side of silver dollars (including legs) which show up mysteriously in my shower stall when I am taking a shower.
What’s Your Take On Expired Medication?
When I got sick last week I naturally went into my medicine chest looking for relief. This being the first time all Winter that sickness had found its way to me, I was uncertain what I would find. What I did find was a lot of boxes which had expired contents (which, by the way, rarely stops me from taking them).
This realization caused me to pause for a minute to think how I should react (be careful, the following is really a personality test disguised as a thought)…
- Be bothered that I had spent money on medication which is now “useless” and will have to be replaced?
- Be happy that it had been so long that I had been sick that my medication expired before I could use it?
- Feel a little of each of the above.
Honestly, I think I went through both stages which means I fall into Category 3.
Life Tests can occur at the strangest of times.
ITP Flickr Pic
At the Museum of Life & Science in Durham, NC they have a small pond in which people can sail remote-controlled sailboats such as those pictured below.
I’m sure that the people there thought I was a kook for getting down low and taking photos of the boats. Eh, what do I care what strangers think these days.
A New Seven-Day Project Has Started
I posted my new project to Seven-Day Project — now all I have to do is continue to post.
This week’s project is to clean a room or two a day for the next week. Hopefully this will be the first of the projects that I will maintain for the long-term.
The Real Estate Market Is Still Effed In The Head!
Believe it or not the thought of moving occurs to me often. I don’t know where I’d go, but I often desire to move into a really cool “authentic” loft space. With the economy, especially the real estate market, in the shitter I figured now would be a great time to look.
I am apparently wrong.
A week or so ago I listened to the This American Life episode called “Bad Bank!” so I understood why there are no “deals,” in the real estate market, although I still got puzzled somewhat.
“Real” Atlanta lofts are still being offered for the $200k+ price point? C’mon, it’s a depressed market! Oh well, I guess I’ll ride out the times by attempting to fix up my house so it will sell when the time to leave really comes to fruition.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – rushed, mildly panicked about life, my finances, my future
Current Music – Sirius/XM channel 26, playing Peter Bjorn & John — “Nothing To Worry About” (yeah, easy for them to say)
Website Of The Day – Nash Hash Winnipeg has a website now. I’m still going to Winnipeg in June, I’m trying to decide if I want to dedicate two-three days to hashing.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Foot Mileage – 2.5 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 7 (7)
Vegetarian Days – 8, Carnivorous Days – 2
Marta Rides – 0
– Complete all necessary work on my kitchen
– Lose no fewer than one pound
– Run no fewer than 30 miles
– Completely read Softbox Lighting Techniques for Professional Photographers, and Conceptual Blockbusting: A Guide to Better Ideas
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem