I am immersing myself into my work and non-related coding projects in order to come out on the other side of this recession smelling like a rose. You know, having employable skills and all that sort of shit.
Heal Thyself Jackmobile!
The Jackmobile’s ignition switch snafu seems to be happening about twenty percent of the time. Yesterday I had almost convinced myself that the ignition switch sensor had magically corrected itself, until I got home from work and it was wonky. Dangen!
I know, I know, mechanical and electrical parts rarely fix themselves but I was trying to be optimistic.
ITP Flickr Pic
During a walk through Duke Gardens in Durham last weekend we came upon a duck cleaning himself.
I was struck how easily he craned his neck, given that he was a duck and not a crane, in order to clean the top of his head.
My iPhondle Can Do Something Your Kindle Can’t
Don’t get me wrong, I still lust after one of Amazon‘s Kindle2 ebook readers, although why I am still eludes me.
You may remember that last week I was pleased that Amazon introduced a Kindle application for the iPhone and iPod Touch. While I’ve been trying to read more using it, I do find it a wee little bit difficult.
Last night I found something that the iPhondle can do that the Kindle cannot — display in color. Therefore while the screen is small I can see color images on the screen! Books such as Scott Kelby’s “Digital Photography” books (available for the Kindle) seem to make sense now.
How long until Amazon releases an color e-ink version of the Kindle? Until then I’ll continue to use my iPhone.
Tonight Will Be My First “Open That Bottle” Night
Tonight I’ll be pulling a bottle of red from the basement and opening it for my consumption.
Over the years I’ve picked up bottles of wine and put them into my wine cellar (read “basement”) for consumption on “special” events. Tonight is a special event called March 12th, 2009! It’s the only March 12th, 2009 that I will experience, and the best reason I can think of to pop open a bottle of red while watching Hell’s Kitchen.
In a few week’s time I will begin replacing the consumed bottles with bottles to be consumed in the future. Any suggestions?
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – flustered, disappointed that I missed last night’s Black Sheep Founders Day hash
Current Music – listening to yesterday’s “Buzz Out Loud” podcast from C|Net.
Website Of The Day – Open That Bottle Night was not my idea, but I’m stealing it.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Foot Mileage – 2.5 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 9 (9)
Vegetarian Days – 8, Carnivorous Days – 4
Marta Rides – 0
– Complete all necessary work on my kitchen
– Lose no fewer than one pound
– Run no fewer than 30 miles
– Completely read Softbox Lighting Techniques for Professional Photographers, and Conceptual Blockbusting: A Guide to Better Ideas
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem