I suppose I should take being incapable of meeting women as a blessing because there are not enough hours in my day to accomplish all that I’ve piled onto my plate as is. Currently I fail at reading, making photos, and completing house chores. Attempting to satisfy the needs of someone else in my life may help me feel complete, but would certainly take away time spent doing other things (some of which I’d certainly like to schlep off on someone — oh hello, laundry). I really don’t know where the time goes. It’s not like I’m sitting idle, I feel like I’m doing something at all times.
To Do Lists Are Only Useful When They Are Referenced
I make many lists. Over the years I’ve experiment with different To Do Lists as if I were trying to build a better mouse trap. Currently I store my master To Do List on my iPhone and even though I’ve set two reminder alarms for me to check this list, I rarely do. (It would thus seem pointless to make a To Do List which reminds me to check my To Do List.)
Few of my To Do items are time critical, but occasionally I kick myself for being such a slacker. Want to know who forgot that he had a $50 gas card waiting for him to claim before February 28, 2009? Want to know who is on the verge of missing a $25 rebate for some camera gear if he can’t get it in the mail and postmarked prior to March 28th? I think you get the idea?
Why Can’t I Spell “Occasionally”?
A few words in the English language vex me every time I attempt to spell them; that word is one of them.
Maybe what I need a spell checker which automatically corrects the many ways that I mangle the word which means “at times; from time to time; now and then.”
Are there any words whose spelling constantly frustrates you?
ITP Flickr Pic
I’ve got nothing for you. I am going to try and rectify this tonight.
How Can One Person, Who’s Not Even Exercising, Wear So Many Clothes?
I headed straight to the laundromat after work last night. I was not alone in this thinking, by the time I got there the laundromat was quite busy. I managed to split my loads into three and use the smallest-capacity washing machines so at least I was not stuck waiting. Upon leaving I ran into my friend Vandy Beth. Vandy Beth had timed arrival much better than I had, because the place was only half-full when I was leaving. I just keep reminding myself that this won’t be an issue again once I get my plumbing fixed. Note to self: Put “get plumbing fixed” in the To Do List.
More Music In My Future Tonight
Tonight is the Gomez show for which I gout gauged by Ticketmaster last week. I’m excited to see the band again, but have decided not to make it a photo opportunity since I am meeting up with a friend and just want to enjoy the show.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – frustrated, I sweating in my office!
Current Music – listening to this week’s “MacCast” podcast
Website Of The Day – Want to remember what the Internet was like back in the “Olden Days?” The websites found at The Vintage Web still think we are in those days.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Foot Mileage – 2.5 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 21 (21)
Vegetarian Days – 8, Carnivorous Days – 17
Marta Rides – 0
– Complete all necessary work on my kitchen
– Lose no fewer than one pound
– Run no fewer than 30 miles
– Completely read Softbox Lighting Techniques for Professional Photographers, and Conceptual Blockbusting: A Guide to Better Ideas
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem