Today: 0% chance of camping
Saturday: 50% chance of camping
I will not lie, I have no desire to camp in the rain and the rain is coming. After going out for three nights in a row, I’ve decided not to rush out of work and fight Friday traffic only to make it to the camping site and sit in the rain.
Thankfully “26 Miles” Had Nothing To Do With Marathon Running
Last night I went to the Hertz Stage at Alliance Theater to see the play “26 Miles.” Admittedly I had no idea about the play, but it was one of the tickets included with this season’s tickets and since I didn’t make the last two plays for which I had tickets I made an extra effort to attend. As I found out, the play is a “road story” in which mother and daughter learn about each other on an impromptu trip from Philadelphia to Wyoming.
The play is a coincidence-packed, over-the-top scenario somewhat typical of plays I see these days. The play was well-acted by the four actors and was carried mostly by the young actress who played the role of Olivia. There were moments when I thought the acting was a bit extreme but nothing that would make me consider not recommending the play.
If you are interested in seeing “26 Miles” I have the following advice:
- Get to the theater early enough to sit close to the stage. There are subtleties in this play which may be missed from the rear of the theater.
- Eat beforehand, the play lasts nearly two hours with no intermission.
- Don’t bring the kids as the play is peppered with salty language (curse words)
ITP Flickr Pic
And I have nothing again… I think I’ll take a hundred photos this weekend so that I have a backlog to post. Had I made last night my third “Open That Bottle” night I would have had a cellphone shot at least.
RealiTV: It’s About Time The Wheat Is Getting Separated From The Chaff
(thanks to the internets for clearing up that actual phrase)
Yesterday I watched The Chopping Block and was thrilled to see Mike and Pandy get kicked off. I thought that Mike was a decent cook, but Pandy’s attitude just constantly irritated me.
I just finished watching last night’s Hell’s Kitchen and am pleased as punch to see Lacey finally get the boot and in the same way as J last week — during service. For as mercurial as Ramsay is portrayed to be I have been stunned that Lacey was able to survive this long with all of bullshit she put out. I’d say that she was kept around for “Good RealiTV” drama, but she wasn’t even good at that. I was surprised to see another cook get the boot at the end of the show. It seems as if Fox is trying to hurry along this season, as LA was told to leave Hell’s Kitchen. And we are down to seven, I wonder when they are going to combine the red and blue teams into a single black team.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – rushed, bothered
Current Music – watching last night’s Hell’s Kitchen
Website Of The Day – Ever wonder how long that beef in the refrigerator will last? How about that bottle of ketchup you’ve had forever? Check out Still Tasty for all of your food safety quandaries.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Foot Mileage – 2.5 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 24 (24)
Vegetarian Days – 8, Carnivorous Days – 19
Marta Rides – 0
– Complete all necessary work on my kitchen
– Lose no fewer than one pound
– Run no fewer than 30 miles
– Completely read Softbox Lighting Techniques for Professional Photographers, and Conceptual Blockbusting: A Guide to Better Ideas
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem