Dear Mother Nature:
Had I desired a blow job like the one you have provided for the past twenty-four hours I certainly would have asked for it. Near-freezing temperature in Atlanta at the beginning of April? You have turned into one, cold bitch! Has the failing economy gotten to you too? Have you started working for the Internal Revenue Service as well, your current temperament seems as if you have. Please settle down and return Spring-like weather to our fair city before I decide it’s time for me to pull up stakes and run away.
Someone Is Lifting A Boycott
This may be a repeat (hey, if they can do it on tv, why can’t I?)…
What can I say, because I don’t wish to be a hypocrite I must lift my long-standing boycott against Chick-fil-A. My boycott has been in place for years as I “fought with my wallet” against Chick-fil-A’s policy to close its stores on Sundays for religious reasons. Why the change? Because I find myself doing a lot of business with New York’s B&H Photo which is owned and operated by people of Jewish faith who close their operations in accordance to their faith. Sure, I could stop spending money with B&H, but truth be told, I don’t want to stop, so I’ll drop my Chick-fil-A boycott instead.
Oh, and take a guess where I ate dinner before the Roswell Photographic Society meeting last night?
Roswell Photographic Society: Good, But Not Sure If It’s For Me
I like the concept of the Roswell Photographic Society, but I’m not really sure if it’s the club for me.
First is the obvious — they meet in Roswell! Even when the group moves to its new meeting space in mid-May the meetings will still be held in Roswell.
In addition to their geographic undesirability there is something else — I am one of the youngest members. This photo group reminds me of the computer user group meetings that I used to attend back in the 1980s. And don’t get me started about the lack of dating potential…
In the coming months I think I will start exploring new options like the Atlanta Photography Group. Hey, at they meet inside the perimeter.
It Feels Like Starting Over, Part 2
Tonight I will be making a huge effort to restart my iPhone application development learning. I’ve been derailed for a few weeks and like with learning a spoken language if you don’t use it, you lose it. I have no delusion of writing the Next Great iPhone Application, but since I really like programming I want to learn how to do this in order to be able to add it to my resume.
When It’s Not About Me, It’s All About You
Four more things I’d like to add today
- Last week ITP-Readers Lisa and Randy had their second child. I’m assuming that I’ve given them enough time to toot their own horn, so it’s safe to announce this.
- On Sunday I met an ITP-Reader at Publix! I was walking into the fruits and vegetable area and heard “Are you Paulie?” When I confirmed he said “Hi, I read your blog.” This was not the first time that this has happened to me but I am extremely flattered when someone actually recognizes me and goes out of their way to say hello.
- Yesterday was the seventh wedding anniversary of ITP-Reader Barb and never-to-read-this-space husband Allan. Has it really been seven years since I drank Delicato and failed miserably to hook up?
- Today is the wedding anniversary of ITP-Readers, and more importantly proprietors of the Moreland Day Spa, Steve and Debbie! Happy Anniversary kids.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – fair
Current Music – listening to this week’s TWiT podcast
Website Of The Day – Wondering if you are getting you money’s worth from Netflix? Check out Feed Flix see how much each of you Netflix rentals is really costing you.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 7 (7)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 6
Marta Rides – 0
none, and this is not an April Fools joke
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem