Spinning, spinning, spinning. My world is spinning….
Laundromat, Oh Laundromat
Last night’s laundry outing was bittersweet. When I arrived the place was crowded and nearly all of the washing machines were in use or out of order. Because of the order in which I found free machines I had to use four different washing machines, including washing my hashing clothes in one of the largest-sized machines (and you should have seen the suds created). It was maddening and made me dream of working plumbing (don’t ask) for the first time since I started taking my clothes to that laundromat.
However, with the increase of laundry-goers was an increase of attractive young ladies. Of course my lack of confidence combined with disgusting looking poison ivy (yes, it’s still there) along the inside of my left arm kept me from chatting anyone up.
Speaking Of Poison Ivy
Eleven days after being exposed at the hash I still suffer. It’s ironic because I had considered not hashing that Sunday; I wish that I had not.
For future hashes I will be covered from shoulder-to-feet when I hash. If I continue to contract poison ivy it may cause me to retire from hashing — I cannot live like this.
ITP Flickr Pic
Is taking a holiday today. I’ve been too busy learning, framing, coding, and doing laundry to shoot.
I’m Dreaming Of Downsizing
This Saturday there is an electronics recycling event (people give me shit for calling it an “event” but I have no better term to use) at Decatur High School. (more info)
I’ll finally be able to get rid of some of the dead electronics crap that has been boxed and ready to go. Happier days will begin Saturday.
There’s Going To Be A Hanging Tonight
After work I’ll be driving down to Bighouse Loft Gallery to have my photo hung (hanged?) for tomorrow’s Atlanta Photography Exhibit’s “Southern Fried Photographers” exhibit. As it stands now I have two candidates to hang, and no bagged work to sell.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay
Current Music – listening to yesterday’s “Buzz Out Loud” podcast from C|Net
Website Of The Day – Last night I learned how to properly wire a frame for hanging. Thanks Tutorials.com!
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Foot Mileage – 3 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 23 (23)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 22
Marta Rides – 0
none, and this is not an April Fools joke
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem