It was nasty Friday, Saturday, and Sunday but now that we are back in the office the weather is perfect. Forecasts even predict perfect weather until — you guessed it — Friday. Wheeeeeee!
Wait, Was That This Weekend?
As I stated on Friday I skipped Twisted Ankle this year. The weather was crap so I didn’t mind skipping the camping, and since I wasn’t trained I didn’t mind skipping the run.
Can’t Any Of Atlanta’s Breakfast Restaurants Create A Useful Website?
Because I was staying ITP for Saturday morning and because I’ve not stocked my kitchen since about New Year’s I decided that I was going to allow myself to eat an early breakfast out. On Friday night I tried to use the power of the internet to decide which restaurant was going to be open early and where I was going to eat, and here’s what I found:
- Java Jive and Gato Bizco have no website.
- Thumb’s Up Diner has a website domain which is parked on a hosting site.
- Flying Biscuit doesn’t post its hours on its website.
- Ria’s Bluebird has annoying music which plays by default on every page.
- Sun In My Belly posted hours, but you had to click through three levels to find them.
After attempting an 8am breakfast at Java Jive only to find them close I headed to Home Depot before getting breakfast. I knew that The Majestic and Waffle House were always breakfast options but I wanted something different. I wound up at Sun In My Belly, which wasn’t as “different” as I desired, was delicious.
ITP Flickr Pic
The pen is indeed mightier than the sword. On Friday I accidentally marred this shirt by leaving a blue pen in its pocket.
I guess I’m going to have to request a new white shirt if I go to another trade show. In the meantime I might buy a box of dye and turn it into a blue(ish) shirt.
I Had A Lot If Indoor Alone Time, If Only I Had Accomplished My Reading
The weekend’s poor weather meant that I didn’t attempt to yard work, good, but did not ensure that I got my PHP reading done, bad.
Real World Green is a one-to-four minute podcast which highlights ways that individuals can reduce their impact on the environment.
Gardenfork is a three-to-ten minute personal journey in which the host demonstrates how to perform a task. Entertainingly the host often times bungles a step in the process and, to his credit is quick to admit this.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – warm because the heat must have kicked on at the office last night. ugh.
Current Music – listening to Harry Shearer’s “le Show” podcast
Website Of The Day – Watching Real World Green reminded me of using Freecycle for getting rid of, or acquiring used good
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 8 (8)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 17
Marta Rides – 0
Whoops, I didn’t even consider this. Perhaps something will be here on Monday.
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem