I think spacial downsizing will be a common thread in my life for a while. It’s happening in one of the areas about which blog posts are never written, and eventually it will happen with my house.
I brainstormed a lot about the house yesterday and came to no final conclusion. However, I may have struck upon another option that, while expensive, would be cheaper than the most expensive option proposed thus far.
And enough about plumbing, at least until the good news of it being fixed is announced. And don’t fret that the downsizing applies to this blog. Admittedly today’s post is brief, but it’s only because I have so much to do this morning. I have plenty of quality material lined up for tomorrow, and for a bonus post on Monday.
My Word Of The Day Is “Focus”
I’m doing some transitioning (no, not that type of transition) in my life and it’s time that I define on what really matters and focus on it. It’s a simple concept to comprehend, but one I’ve had difficulty mastering.
ITP Flickr Pic
The vegetable (or fruit in the case of tomatoes) plants are doing well, although with the exception of the basil and parsley none are producing edible goods. I know, this is expected, and besides without a functioning kitchen what would I do with them?
This is also further proof that the Topsy Turvy™ grow-your-tomatoes-upside-down planter is bunk.
It Takes A Village To Make Me Go Out Drinking
In days of yore Thursday night meant “dart night at Gravity Pub.” I miss those nights, but honestly know that that they can never happen again because all of the participants have moved on in life.
I’ll be at The Glenwood in East Atlanta for dinner and drinks (Martha, if you are skipping the volunteer meeting and want to meet up then let me know what time). It’s long-past time that I go out in my neighborhood again — and tonight I plan on checking out The Glenwood’s non-smoking section. Woot!
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – on a scale of 0-9, a 3
Current Music – silence
Website Of The Day – You say “Lego.” I say “Meh.” You say “Frank Lloyd Wright.” I say “Yeah.” You say “Lego Architecture Including Plans For Some Of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Signature Buildings.” I say “I. Want. NOW!” (sadly, they are not available just yet however)
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 11 (11)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 20
Marta Rides – 0
Whoops, I didn’t even consider this. Perhaps something will be here on Monday.
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem