I’m late today because of my drunken state when I arrived home at 12:30am from the Meat Puppets show at The EARL.
Want To Know What I Thought About That Photography Workshop? Read This
Check out the post I put onto Atlanta Metblogs.
Wonder If I Drink Too Much? Read This.
After waiting around until 8:30pm last night I ventured out for some food before heading to The EARL. Wanting a “sit down dinner which would kill at least an hour” I decided on taking the no-smoking route and hang out at The Glenwood.
As I arrived I was disappointed to see a private party happening in the non-smoking room, but was told by the bartender that it was about to break up and I could grab a seat at the bar if I wanted — so I did.
I ordered a Lagunitas Censored, but as the case nearly every time I order a beer, they were out; having a backup plan in place I ordered a Fuller’s London Pride.
With a beer secured I started to scan the menu when I saw two words that made me tingle — “turducken”, “burger”. W00t! As described, the burger was a mélange of turkey, duck, and chicken meat smeared with a mustard rémoulade, and topped with two fried oysters. I added some fried pickle chips, and to make the meal healthy I added a side of green beans (have I ever mentioned how much I love sauteed green beans?).
With the conclusion of my meal I moved on to a second round of beer, a Highland Gaelic. At this time one of the owners noticed my two beer choices and congratulated me on my selections.
A third beer was ordered, and this time I relied on the bartender to suggest a good transition. A Unibroue Maudite was delivered. As I enjoyed this beer the owner stopped by again to congratulate me on my choice and then thanked me for eating and drinking at The Glenwood.
Almost against my better judgment I ordered a fourth beer. This time I took control of my ordering and finished the evening with a Hennipen Farmhouse.
Want To Know About The Meat Puppets Show? Read This.
Awesome. Some of this feeling may have been because of the four beers that I consumed prior to my arrival. Some of this feeling was because the Meat Puppets absolutely killed it last night; they were loud and they were tight.
Want To Know How Crazy I Can Be? Read This.
While drunk and jamming to Meat Puppets last night I actually concocted a plan to ride my bike to work today. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Let me say that again.. While drunk and jamming to Meat Puppets last night I actually concocted a plan to ride my bike to work today.
Let’s break this down to show prove my insanity.
- I was drunk
- I knew that I wouldn’t be getting home until very late
- I knew that sleep would be scant and that I would want more whenever I finally awoke this morning
- I knew that I had removed all of my toiletries from the office when I moved from my office to my cubicle
And yet I had a plan in place to ride my bike to work! For the record, I drove my car to work.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – bummed because of my genetic deficiencies.
Current Music – listening to yesterday’s “Buzz Out Loud” podcast from C|Net
Website Of The Day – Looking for something better to read than this? Check out Book Army a site for book reviews.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 17 (17)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 16
Marta Rides – 0
– lose four pounds… plain and simple (not going to happen)
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem