Last night I met up with some of the typical photo suspects
for a dinner and beverage at the Thinking Man Tavern before heading over to Zach Arias’ photo studio for his pre-“One Light Workshop” mixer.
[UPDATE @ 09:00] A co-worker of mine just told me that he was testing the Photo Browsing application in Echostar‘s newest satellite tv settop box last night and clicked on the tag for “Nikon” in the tag cloud. When he did, the photo above was part of the group selected from Flickr. He said he sat there and thought “Hey, that looks like Paul.” Too funny.
While awaiting table service I fired up Twitter and noticed that one of the people I follow had just posted that he was headed to The Grange for a night of misery drowning. It may be one of the first times that I met someone in person that I had never met previously through the power of Twitter.
ITP Flickr Pic
Some of you may recognize this…
Obviously this is part of the sign for George’s Bar (once called a delicatessen) which hangs over the back door. This being Wednesday I figured it would be the proper photo to post.
I Hope This Didn’t Also Happen To The Band I Saw
Before I continue I must admit to being a pussy.
When I arrived at the United terminal at the Winnipeg airport I was behind a group of youngsters (yes, I know how that sounds but stick with me) who were obviously in a band — they had instruments. Because I was way early for my flight I (correctly) concluded that they wouldn’t be on my flight so I said nothing.
While sitting at one of the two gates which services the United States the group which had now grown to five (two girls and three guys) sat across from me. I listened to them talk about making records, touring, etc. I wanted to ask them their band’s name but feared being that douchy older guy who goes up and tries to be buddies with hipsters. I never talked to them.
Before I continue further I must give a spoiler warning to persons who may have hash names associated with the airline industry (I’m looking at you “Check My Bags”).
Apparently back in 2008 the band Sons of Maxwell also tried to use United’s service to travel from Halifax (I still want to travel there) to Nebraska via Chicago. While in Chicago they witnessed their guitar cases literally being thrown by baggage handlers. Upon arrival they discovered on of the guitars, a $3500 Taylor, had been broken. All attempts to get United to reimburse them has failed, so they’ve created sort of a protest song.
If you can watch the YouTube you should check out that video. It’s quite clever.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay
Current Music – listening to the “Jordan, Jesse Go!” podcast
Website Of The Day – Retro Comedy is a really funny blog which highlights life’s peculiarities.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 201.2 pounds
Foot Mileage – ~4 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 5 (5)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 7
Marta Rides – 0
– Regain interest in my life
– Not get fired from my job
– Plan and lay a successful Black Sheep hash on July 19th
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem