Hey, I’m back. Well, I was here yesterday too but the internet was not.
Here’s A Consumer Tip For You
This will sound so basic you will say “Duh!” but hear me out.
Tip : Always read labels.
The other day was in Target repurchasing an OTC medication that I started using in Winnipeg. This product comes in three formulas
- “Daily” for $3.99
- “Extra Strength” for ~$6.50
- “Ultra” for ~$9.50
Which did I initially buy? The “Ultra” of course, because I wanted the maximum punch. Which would you buy?
Now let’s look at the label, which cleverly had to be peeled back in order to see the ingredients. What did I see? Each formula had the same, single active ingredient in the same percentage!
Maybe I’m overlooking something, but I think that I was initially played for a fool.
Looks Like We’re In For Another Year
Even with the Jackmobile’s problems this year, including the ignition switch problem which seems to be recurring more often, Jack has passed another emissions test. So, when I renew my tag later today (online of course) I will be committing to driving the Jackmobile for another year.
Now all I need to do is start planning some camping trips so that I can use the Jackmobile as a tent again.
ITP Flickr Pic
I am humored by the real world. While out exercising last night I saw this “Challenging Slope” sign juxtaposed with a series of rocks leading up to the apartment complex. The two may not be linked, but the camera (sadly an iPhone photo taken in poor light) make it appear that they are.
I betcha Bagless would have no problem with this.
Kill One Vacation, Plan Two More Which Are Shorter
I’ve given up on the Chicago/Milwaukee trip this year. In the end it was my fear of chewing up all remaining vacation days for 2009 by the start of September. I’m sure my lackluster solo trip to Winnipeg has something to do with my decision as well, but for now believe my initial feeling.
In order to replace the loss I’ve planned an overnighter to see Magnolia Electric Co. at the 40 Watt Club in Athens, GA for my birthday next week and have tentatively planned a weekend trip to New York in August to visit my brother and sister-in-law (as well as the Guggenheim Museum for the Frank Lloyd Wright exhibit.
An Early Happy Birthday Wish
I normally like to wait for the day of or at worse the Friday before a weekend birthday, but somebody is going on vacation and probably won’t be reading blogs on Friday. Happy Birthday to ITP-Reader Barb. Have a great vacation!
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – rushed, wishing that I could concentrate on coding and photography
Current Music – listening to last weeks “Sound Opinions” podcast
Website Of The Day – I’m old enough to have had my portrait taken in front of fake landscapes. Thankfully I missed the laser backdrops like those shown at We Have Lasers!
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – trail scouting yesterday
Morning Weigh-In – 198 pounds (my scale must like the recharged batteries)
Foot Mileage – ~6 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 12 (12)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 14
Marta Rides – 0
– Regain interest in my life
– Not get fired from my job
– Plan and lay a successful Black Sheep hash on July 19th
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem