After the hectic schedule that I posted yesterday I spent the night home alone. And that’s exactly what I wanted…
RealiTV Update : Hell’s Kitchen Starts At 8pm EDT? Who Knew?
I was lazying around the house when I read a tweet about what was happening on Hell’s Kitchen. This happened at about 8:15pm EDT, mostly because I was under the mistaken impression that Hell’s Kitchen started at 9pm as is used to. With the weather completely nasty I assumed that my satellite dish (which has less-than-stellar satellite signal) would be going in an out, so I chose to go to Ye Olde Television which is connected to Ye Newe Digital-To-Analog converter which worked like a charm.
While surfing the internet I “watched” the last forty-five minutes. This morning I came in to work and caught the first fifteen minutes which were recorded at the DVR on my desk.
This season of Hell’s Kitchen has already reached Jerry Springeresque proportions. Some dickhead (I’ll assume actor hired to play a dickhead) has already challenged Ramsay to a fist fight, resulting his early departure. Then another guy was immediately booted from the show.
As with every previous season the cooks can’t seem to get it together and produce food. About the only thing strange about this episode was that no one else was booted because of the guy who virtually eliminated himself.
ITP Flickr Pic
“Lottery winners are always from podunk towns.” I thought as I stopped in Adairsville for gas at the QT. I also had a hankering for a cold drink so I conjured the odd plan of getting four lottery tickets and a drink.
Having no “system” nor “lucky numbers” (Damn, I should have scrounged around for some fortune cookie fortunes in my car!) I decided to get three Quick Pics and then one containing pseudo-random choices.
Later in the day I checked the numbers purchased and hung my head in disgust.
WTF? Three tickets with seven, and two of those with six??? I there had been any hope that I’d win that hope was immediately dashed.
Oh, and there’s no need to lecture me about statistics and randomness, or the evils of lottery playing. I understand them all and still decided to play for the heck of it.
If all goes to plan tonight I’ll be joining up with some old friends who used to be regular members of the Meet The Hashers trivia team. A few years back a faction occurred and they started playing on Wednesday nights at F.R.O.G.S. Cantina in midtown. Back in the day when I used to go to George’s on Wednesdays this posed a problem. Now that it’s no longer a problem I’m finally going to make the time to see them.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – nervous
Current Music – listening to this week’s “Mac Geek Gab” podcast
Website Of The Day – I’m no longer an Atlanta runner, but if you are you might have interest in The Stride.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 201 pounds
Foot Mileage – ~6 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 3 (19)
Vegetarian Days – 2, Carnivorous Days – 27
Marta Rides – 0
– Regain interest in my life
– Not get fired from my job
– Plan and lay a successful Black Sheep hash on July 19th
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem