Huzzah for Friday!
I started the night by parking near Twain’s which gave me the opportunity to stop in for one of their brews. I bellied up to the bar and ordered the IPA (whose name I’ve forgotten). For me the beer was a little too sour, but not so much that I couldn’t finish the entire pint.
With my short stay at Twain’s done I moseyed over to Raging Burrito, noticing that the parking lot behind it now charges $5 at all times (WTF? I thought we were in a recession. And they raise their prices?).
The three of us made it through the first half missing two of the nine questions and going into the second half (we are a second-half team) we were in fourth place. After getting every answer correct in the second half (I told you that we are a second-half team) we were sitting pretty in second place, a mere one point behind the leaders. Unfortunately for us the final question was a multiple-choice question about the recognition of countries as independent states/countries.
From the following we had to pick which one was first recognized at an independent country.
a) Belarus [from the USSR]
b) Bosnia-Herzegovina [from Yugoslavia]
c) Namibia (which the host pronounced as Nambia) [from Africa]
Bill and I chose Belarus, MC contended it was Namibia. Two against one. We were wrong, she was right. We ended up out of the money. I guess that we are a second-half team excluding the final question.
Tomorrow Is World Wide Photowalk Day
Tomorrow morning I’ll be meeting approximately fifty other photographers in Oakland Cemetery for a photo walk. This group will be one of the thousands of groups who are gathering to participate in Scott Kelby’s Worldwide Photo Walk. It should be a really fun time and hope to meet many new photogs as well as see a few people I already call “friend.”
Look for photos to get posted starting Monday.
So You Say You Want To Hash
I (Wee Little Bit) am one of the hares for this Sunday’s Black Sheep Hash. Come out for a brutal introduction on Sunday!
Black Sheep Hash #498 – Wee Little Bit Goes OTP
Date: July 19, 2009
Time: Gather at 1:30PM – Hares depart at 2:00PM
Hares: Wee Little Bit and Burnt Rubber
Start: Parking Lot of LA Fitness in Buford, GA
Address: 3420 BUFORD DRIVE NE, BUFORD, GA 30519
Directions from Downtown (as described by The Google):
- Take I-85 N
- Slight left at I-985 N (signs for Gainesville/I-985/Lanier Pkwy)
- Take exit #4 for GA-20/US-23 toward Cumming/Buford
- Turn right at Buford Dr/GA-20
- Slight right to stay on Buford Dr/GA-20
- Turn right onto Gravel Springs Rd
Look for hashers pretending to stretch and looking all buff for the ladies entering LA Fitness.
Wee Little Bit doesn’t go into LA Fitness any longer, which is why he’s using his membership fees to start the Black Sheep hash in its parking lot.
1) Bring all of your normal hashing needs (bug spray, change of clothes, sense of humor)
2) The trail and ending are not very dog friendly, so leave the pups at home this time.
See ewe at the hash!
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – scattered
Current Music – none, I’m trying to concentrate to get things done
Website Of The Day – If I called all of those friends I might have to refer to the 50+ Friends Club for entertainment information. (btw- this is an interesting site for me to choose because as far as I can tell it’s been dormant for nearly five years.)
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 200 pounds (ooops!)
Foot Mileage – ~6 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 14 (14)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 15
Marta Rides – 0
- Regain interest in my life
- Not get fired from my job
- Plan and lay a successful Black Sheep hash on July 19th
- Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
- Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
- Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
- Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
- Attend at least one professional photography workshop
- Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
- Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
- Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem