I had written part of this before I had to tend to something else, so forgive me if it seems a bit disjointed… not that today’s will probably any different from any other post.
Losing A Computer Is Such A Pain In The Ass
All week I’ve been changing passwords for accounts that I consider to be highly confidential. I really don’t believe that the fucks who stole my computer have the ability to log into my personal account and then figure out ridiculously long password that I’ve assigned to my encrypted partition, but I’m not willing to take the chance.
Some of the major difficulties that I’ve been having is remember the answers I’ve provided for inane “security” questions, coming up with new passwords, and remembering each when prompted. Additionally, I am nervous about sites which allow password reset by specifying an email address to which the password/reset link can be sent.
Perhaps it’s time for me to look into “Private Browsing.”
The Constant Reminder Of These People Is Getting To Me
And this time it may be in a good way. Over the past year I’ve been hearing about people doing things which intrigue and frighten me. Whether they are attempting something that I could never even consider (which remember “walking through a swamp” used to be on that list ten years ago) I have been inspired. In fact, my Bucket List may contain items based on their achievements/attempts.
- Recently I heard a podcast in which photographer Ed Morris was interviewed. The podcast centered around Morris’ photography project for which he bicycled across America taking photos of mayors and created a book.
- Yesterday I finally saw the video of the guy who walked over four thousand kilometers across China and stitched together a time-lapse video. Crazy by even my standards, I applauded his efforts.
- The other day I highlighted Nathan who is currently riding his bicycle across America stopping at breweries along the way.
- Last year I was introduced to the task that Roz Savage has undertaken. Savage is currently on the second leg of her attempt to row around the world alone. Re-read that in order to appreciate the magnitude of her task… .She is currently on the second leg of her attempt to row around the world alone! I’ll have to pass on this endeavor.
Suddenly I feel like such a slacker.
ITP Flickr Pic
Before ordering lunch from Tin Drum yesterday I compared their old menu to their new menu.
As expected I found price differences and item additions/removals. What I didn’t expect to see was the widespread replacement of the word “fried” with “breaded.” I doubt the food has changed any. Much like Atlanta’s “Perception of Crime” this must be Tin Drum’s “Perception of Health.”
With Any Luck The Weatherfolk Where I’ll Be Will Be As Accurate As Atlanta’s
The weather forecast for where I’m headed tomorrow doesn’t look good — rain followed by rain. DANGEN! This has quickly turned into the Summer of Suck because things still don’t seem to be going my way. I will make the best of whatever situation is presented to me and hopefully will also have some awesome photos to start sharing next week.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – fair but fat
Current Music –
Website Of The Day – If you are into natural snacks they you may want to check out the offerings from Mrs. Mays.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 200 pounds
Foot Mileage – ~4 miles, Wheel Mileage – 65 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 7 (7)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 6
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Restart work on house, actually making progress this time
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem