I’m giving up on pressuring myself to take a photo every day, because frankly it’s not working. Life has been too hectic for me to put myself into photo opportunities so there’s no point dragging myself down.
It Was An “Event” But Only In Name
What? No Beatles music in the iTunes store yet? You gotta be fucking kidding me!
Apple‘s event yesterday really just introduced a new version of iTunes as well as showing off the changes they’ve made to the iPod Nano line. Were I in the market for a portable iPod I’d consider getting the 16GB version, but I’m not so I shan’t.
Apparently Wall Street was equally unimpressed as Apple’s stock (AAPL) dropped about $3 per share after the end of the event.
My iBook May Soon Be An onthewayoutBook
Yesterday’s update to iTunes, QuickTime, and the iPhone’s Operating System really put my old G4 iBook under stress. It took nearly two hours, two hours that were not budgeted, to complete the process of updating. Further, it is clear that Apple never tested iTunes 9 on a 12″ iBook screen because some of the tabs and features within iTunes are almost impossible to access.
It was never my intent to have the iBook as the center of my media household, that was the role of the iMac that was stolen back in July. To make matters worse, every time I consider replacing the iMac, or the Wacom graphics tablet which was also stolen, anger stirs within me.
ITP Flickr Pic
What do you mean you can’t see it? It’s the most beautiful photo ever taken! Oh well, your loss.
The Beginning Of ITP Freecycle
Tonight I’ll be meeting ITP-Reader Hank to hand off the two hard drives which used to be the centerpiece of my media household.
Stay tuned for more of my give-aways as I attempt to simplify, or at least uncomplicate my lifestyle.
Mise En Place
The term “mise en place” translates to “putting in place” and is commonly used in the cooking world. Tonight I’ll be getting my mise en place for tomorrow’s trip up to Hartwell.
Once again I’ve been tasked with creating andouille grits cakes with a shrimp sauce; of course I’ll make a portion of this vegetarian for those who care not to eat meat. If all things go to plan I’m also going to whip up, or at least get my ingredients in place, for another dish for Saturday night. What the hell, if I’m going to ruin my plumbing by cleaning up after cooking I might as well go whole hog.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – harried, frustrated, really, really, frustrated
Current Music – listening to last night’s Top Chef
Website Of The Day – Purchasing that new iPod have you strapped for cash? Look into protecting it by using the Recession Case.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 200 pounds. Boo!
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 110 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 10 (10)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 8
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Take at least one photo every day
– Restart work on house, actually making progress this time (note: not successful during August)
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem