I’ve mentioned my affliction with noticing subtle changes and being thrown off kilter. Imagine my psyche yesterday when Twitter changed its default webpage theme not even a week after Google increased the size and bolding of the search components on their website.
It sounds stupid to be thrown for a loop by simple font and layout changes, but I can’t help it. I notice these things subconsciously.
Don’t Ride, Paulie. Don’t Ride : Rain Edition
Just when I get into the swing of riding on a regular basis Mother Nature drops a week’s worth of shitty weather upon us.
Even if things don’t open up and pour on us tonight I’ve decided that I shall not be out pedaling tonight. My knees will relish the break, until tomorrow — tune in then to find out why.
No Sock Left Behind?
My sock recovery during laundry last night was as accurate as the roundup which occurred on Saturday. Upon fetching all dry clothes out of the driers I found that I was missing two, different socks.
Upon acknowledgment that I had now divorced two pairs I looked over to the washing machine that I had used for my whites to find that the person who occupied the machine after me was kind enough to notice my one of my mistakes and place one of the socks on top of the machine.
It rather frustrated me to know that I lost more socks, and even more so that I specifically looked to make sure that I had retrieved all laundry from the washing machines only to find that I hadn’t.
Loss of possessions seems to be a common thread in my life of late, a thread that I hope comes to an end rather soon.
ITP Flickr Pic
You know the current drill…
Well Lookie There, The East Atlanta Deadbeat Dads Are 1-0!
WooHoo! I’ve won as many games after the first week of this year’s fantasy football season as I won all last year!!!!
The East Atlanta Double D’s took it to MV7 this week. I won’t lie, the team weighed heavily on Tony Romo’s miraculous performance over coming Tony Fasano’s two fumbles, and things looked grim when Jerod Mayo, my only player in last night’s double bill, went out with an injury after his first tackle of the season.
Regardless, I made it through the first week! All I need is one more victory to double last years victory total!
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – meh
Current Music – listening to last week’s “Sound Opinions” podcast
Website Of The Day – There are many streaming music services. City Sounds tries to aggregate the sounds coming from specific cities.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 200 pounds
Foot Mileage – 5 miles, Wheel Mileage – 136.7 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 2 (10)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 13
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Take at least one photo every day
– Restart work on house, actually making progress this time (note: not successful during August)
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem