Actually I supposed I should be saying “Surf’s Down!”
Today was the first day that I felt like a long-haired surfer dude as I woke and checked the day’s weather forecast. “BITCHIN’ It’s not supposed to rain today!” I exclaimed as I waggled out of bed and headed down to the basement to get my bicycle. The surfer analogy breaks down when, instead of eschewing work, I placed the Red Rocket on top of the Jackmobile for riding later.
It’s supposed to rain again tomorrow — I think that will be a better night to do laundry.
Sometime You Have To Satisfy A Craving
Last night I headed out from work to find brilliant sunshine. I had two options
- Rush home and try to wedge in a bike ride.
- Take a leisurely drive home and get dinner along the way.
When I found that Peachtree-Dunwoody was closed at the Nancy Creek bridge, thus forcing me to turn around and seek a different path home, I decided that option number two was going to win out.
The first plan was to try a new (to me?) restaurant called DBA Barbecue on Highland up by Amsterdam. I had read recently that DBA does smoked chicken wings and I wanted to give them a shot. I don’t know if I feared traffic, or more road closures, but I quickly found myself back on my normal route home so DBA Barbecue seemed less likely to happen.
With the thoughts of smoked chicken wings still lingering in my head I decided to head to Fox Bros BBQ. Wow, was I ever glad that I did! My dinner consisting of six smoked chicken wings, a half-order of a Lopez, all washed down with a New Belgium Hoptoberfest was just what the doctor ordered (as long as that doctor is not a cardiologist).
RealiTV Update : Hell’s Kitchen, Twice As Nice
Last night I enjoyed a Hell’s Kitchen double header over at ITP-Reader Betsy’s house. Since my belly was already filled with Fox Bros BBQ I just dragged over a bottle of red wine for the two-hour extravaganza.
I’m not going to say that either episode of Hell’s Kitchen was groundbreaking, in fact, I’ll say just the opposite. The show really has become a dead horse and with each cringe makes me appreciate Top Chef that much more.
Hell’s Kitchen is now down to a single team comprised of six cooks. In two month’s time we’ll know who this season’s “winner” is, and by the following week I will most likely have forgotten.
2009 : The Last One Hundred Days
According to musician and life coach Christine Kane
Today is the 100 day countdown for 2009! Take some time to re-commit to your dreams.
Wow, only one hundred days left? Sadly as I scan my goals for 2009 I see that I will probably not be able to accomplish them by year’s end.
That being said, I am not ready to give up on this year yet! What we do for the next one hundred days will be a foundation for what we can accomplish in 2010. You are starting to plan for 2010, right? I know that I am…
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – I feel like riding. I wonder where I will?
Current Music – listening to the latest “FLOSS Weekly” podcast
Website Of The Day – Cold weather is right around the corner and you may be possessed to purchase a Snuggie. If so, you probably want to study up on the Snuggie Sutra to prepare for those cold nights with your Snuggie-wearing partner.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Foot Mileage – 5 miles, Wheel Mileage – 136.7 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 3 (10)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 21
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Take at least one photo every day
– Restart work on house, actually making progress this time (note: not successful during August)
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem