I am constantly being reminded that I am the only one who controls my happiness. I don’t believe that to be true for there are too many external influences driving my mood southward. I figure that those who are happy either lead charmed lives, deal with shit much better than I do, or hide your sadness really well.
One Curt Critic
Last night I headed up to Roswell for the monthly critique night for the Roswell Photographic Society. Last night’s critic was a local photographer who admitted that he was a bit tired. His tiredness really showed as he raced through many of the photos ranting mostly about misguided composition and common subject matters.
I suppose that there were about thirty or so photos shown last night, most of which I thought were “okay” and very few which “wowed” me. I guess I can’t be too critical however since I didn’t even manage to submit a photo for review.
ITP Flickr Pic
Working on it. I decided yesterday that I’m going to buy a monitor to aid with my photo editing. This is proving to be a much harder task than I had anticipated.
One Guy Eating At Five Guys
Last night I had my first burger and fries experience at Five Guys Burgers and Fries. I have to say that it was rather decent, but kind of on the expensive side. For eleven dollars I received a bacon burger (topped with some of their free toppings), french fries, and a Coke.
One of the selling points for Five Guys is that their single hamburger is actually a double burger and is made-to-order from never-frozen beef. Five Guys offers a staggering array of free toppings for their burgers as well.
Five Guys’ fries are also cooked (almost) to-order and cooked in peanut oil. I guess as a marketing ploy to remind you that their fries are cooked in peanut oil Five Guys also offers up free roasted peanuts on which to snack while waiting for your burger to be prepared. I guess at this point some lawyer-type should chime in with the warning “CAUTION: Restaurant contains peanut parts.”
One Night At The Fox
Tonight I’ll be at Atlanta’s Fabulous Fox Theater for the Leonard Cohen show. I’m thrilled to be getting the opportunity to see/hear Cohen perform because I’m not sure how many more tours he will perform and if tonight’s show is anything like the live album he released this year it should be quite a treat.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – pissed
Current Music – nothing
Website Of The Day – You can usually tell that I’m hungry when I link to awesome food blogs such as Scanwiches.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Foot Mileage – 8 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 5, Carnivorous Days – 14
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Take at least one photo every day
– Restart work on house, actually making progress this time (note: not successful during August)
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem