Yesterday was laundry day, which of late also means that it was “crazy-cheap” sandwich day from Lee’s Bakery. However, it turned out not to be…
For lunch my lunch mates wanted to get “crazy-cheap” sandwiches from another Vietnamese restaurant. Not one to rock the lunch boat I chose to go along as well as order sandwiches for lunch (the place — whose name I cannot remember — offers more than sandwiches, but that’s what I wanted). So when dinner time rolled around I was not only not hungry for more Vietnamese sandwiches (Lee’s also provides more than Vietnamese sandwiches), I was not hungry at all! I wound up buying a roll and a couple of sweets for “dinner” as I did my laundry.
What Is It About VW?
Those who have known me for some time know that when it comes to women I have a definite “type.”
- neatly-cut short hair
- “girl-next-door” cuteness
One of the other strange coincidences that comes along with my stereotype seems to be “VW driver.” Last night as I walked around the shopping center parking lot I noticed someone who fit my description to a ‘t’ and wouldn’t you know, she wound up getting into a VW Rabbit and driving away.
Maybe I should become a VW salesman to increase the likelihood of meeting women that I find attractive.
ITP Flickr Pic
Putting my best foot forward.
I don’t know why I find shots like this intriguing (just look at my photostream on Flickr and you’ll see many of this ilk), but I do.
Dude, I’m Getting A Dell!
WHAT??? Mr. Mac-using, Apple-shareholder is buying a Dell computer? Weeeeeell, not exactly.
Yesterday I ordered just about everything but a computer from Dell. Using my company-supplied employee discount I ordered a new monitor, which also happens to come along with a wireless keyboard and mouse.
I need a bigger monitor than that supplied by my 13.3″ MacBook for photo editing. With Apple‘s announcement of new hardware last week I nearly broke down and bought a new iMac to replace the one which was stolen from my house in July. However, I couldn’t bring myself to invest that much in something “nice” at the moment while living in East Atlanta so I went with the cheaper monitor option instead.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay
Current Music – listening to this week’s “Sound Opinions” podcast
Website Of The Day – You want to watch a movie, but not sure which. Use Nanocrowd – the movie search engine – to help you out.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Foot Mileage – 8 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 5, Carnivorous Days – 21
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Take at least one photo every day
– Restart work on house, actually making progress this time (note: not successful during August)
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem