A Fitting End To Yesterday
It was fitting that my dinner was had at a restaurant called No Mas since I was crying “No Mas! Cantina” all day yesterday.
Instead of doing laundry I chose to meet up with friends ITP-Reader Maigh and Frank at No Mas! prior to spending a little time at Elliott Street Pub. At No Mas! I consumed a few beers along with a vegetarian burrito (note that I currently have more vegetarian days than carnivorous days this month). The food was good, but typical Mexican — at least what I ate.
ITP Flickr Pic
This is the photo that failed to upload yesterday.
As it turned out, it was taking the long road to Flickr because our office’s internet connection has been crappy lately.
My Day Sucked, But I Know Of Someone Who Had A Worse Day
About a week ago an ITP-Reader’s husband was mugged at gunpoint in East Atlanta, not four blocks from my home. While this was certainly horrible news, the asshats put a good scare into him and stole his wallet. Thankfully he was not hurt.
This morning I read that last night she and her husband were held up at gunpoint again this time about four blocks closer to their home while they were walking home from the village a little before 10pm. These criminals are so low that they even stole the couple’s wedding rings last night.
I am certainly sorry to hear friends of mine become victims once, never mind more than once.
As I’ve chronicled in this blog I’ve been the victim of crime twice while living in East Atlanta. Having one of those incidents involve having guns pointed at me I understand the fear and anger that accompanies this sort of violation.
This is not about the economy, this is about low moral standards and a society that allows the innocent to be punished while the criminals get away with a slap on the wrist. This is not a society in which I desire to live.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – meh
Current Music – listening to last week’s “Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me” podcast
Website Of The Day – Say you are like me and only care for a certain genres of movies and tv shows. If I’m searching for something new I use Jinni to find movies/shows like those I watch.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 2, Carnivorous Days – 1
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Restart work on house, actually making progress this time (note: not successful during August, September, or October)
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem