In the United States November 11th is Veterans’ Day (Rememberance Day in Canada). I want to thank all veterans for the work they have done for this country.
Funny How A “Night At Home” Does Nothing For Me
I spent another long day at the office (expect to hear this often). I arrived home around 8:30pm, in time to kill a spider which I couldn’t determine whether or not was a Black Widow, before doing some minor cleaning, watching thirty minutes of television, do a little reading of Photoshop stuff, and downloading megabytes of software updates before rolling into bed.
ITP Flickr Pic?
Look Who’s Making His Bed Again
For about a month I let chaos rule the roost. The other day I decided that it was time to start taking back the mess (how many times has this happened this year?). The first step in this process was to return to making my bed each morning. As you can see from my SuperDuper StatTrack section of the blog I’ve been at it again for three days.
Next up…. Putting shit where it belongs.
Things That Go Thump In The Wee Morning
I heard a thump outside this morning. I don’t think the item causing the sound struck the house, however. I assume the noise was provided by my neighbor’s ancient sweetgum tree which has been dropping large limbs over the past few years.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – Okay, but not stellar. Harried, so not much time to blog.
Current Music – listening to this week’s “TWiT” podcast
Website Of The Day – I HATE Flash-based websites, especially those which play music. I’m making thie one exception for Bon Apetit Bakery because I really enjoyed a fattening pastry of theirs this morning.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Foot Mileage – 4.5 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 3 (3)
Vegetarian Days – 4, Carnivorous Days – 6
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Restart work on house, actually making progress this time (note: not successful during August, September, or October)
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem