Yeah, I just did and I’ll be meeting ITP-Reader Barb for lunch today at said restaurant. WooHoo!
The night was reap with surprises. First, the ticket for the show was $24(!). $24 for a band who broke up in 2005? $24 for a band which is known by very few people I know?
Well, the place was packed! Apparently the Get Up Kids were huge with a population segment fifteen-twenty years younger than me (also containing many adorable young ladies). I was seemingly one of the very few people who didn’t know and sing every song played by the band last night (RELATED: I’m not a “lyrics” person and know very few songs by heart. I can conjure bass and drum beats, but lyrics are not my fortÃ©.).
I really enjoyed the show put on by the Get Up Kids, however I didn’t recognize some of the songs as I have only have two of the bands records, and neither of those is perhaps the band’s biggest success “Something To Write Home About.”
If staring at attractive girls all night wasn’t good enough, the added bonus of the night was that the show was an “early” show which started sometime around 7:30pm EST. About the only downer for the night (other than the $24 entrance fee) was that there was a show taking place in the Masquerade’s “Hell” room whose base thumping was so loud that it shook the floor, causing some grief to both the Get Up Kids as well as Kevine Devine, who opened for them.
ITP Flickr Pic
Nothing. I’m glad I didn’t try to shoot at last night’s Get Up Kids show. I saw a few “pro” photogs there and it didn’t appear that they were having much of a good time.
One Of Those Head In Palm Moments
Last night I wasn’t thinking straight. For some reason I stopped and ate dinner at Moe’s Southwest Grill when I could have gotten a much better, and admittedly more expensive, dinner at Pura Vida. Pura Vida is the tapas restaurant run by former Top Chef contestant Hector Sanchez. I could have had a delicious, sensibly-sized meal right in the neighborhood in which I was headed! Dangen!
RealiTV Update: Top Chef — Please Don’t Tell Me
I’ve not had the opportunity to watch last night’s Top Chef yet. Please don’t spoil it for me.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay, glad to see the sun this morning
Current Music – listening to last week’s “le Show” podcast
Website Of The Day – Who says marketing doesn’t work? I saw an ad for Gifts For Runners on a car while driving to work today.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Foot Mileage – 4.5 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 4 (4)
Vegetarian Days – 4, Carnivorous Days – 7
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Restart work on house, actually making progress this time (note: not successful during August, September, or October)
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem