I know that the weather is going to be perfect in Atlanta this weekend. And with that I plan to do a ton of work around the Inside The Perimeter estate (you know, to get it ready for things which may or may not materialize in 2010).
I Went. I Saw. I Ate.
I met up with ITP-Reader Barb and her hubby Allan for lunch at Tasty China yesterday. In tow I had three of my coworkers, all of Asian decent, who mistakenly let me order. 😉 Here’s what I chronicled once I returned to the office:
Here’s my post-mortem. I think my coworkers liked the food, although they all agreed that I ordered too much, food which was too spicy, and too much fried food. 🙂
For the four of us from my work I ordered two appetizers and three entrees
1a) Dan Dan Noodles (beef)
2a) Hot and Numbing beef rolls
1e) fried green beans
2e) Crispy pork belly (it’s BACON)
3e) Shan City chicken (boneless)
we took food back with us, I may have to eat some of it for dinner — assuming I ever get hungry again!
As always I loved the food, ate too much, and this morning paid for eating too many red peppers.
Oh, and I have a new mantra
With each meal you decide whether you are going to gain or lose weight.
I just need to repeat this a few times each time I sit down to eat.
ITP Flickr Pic
Would be nice if I had one here, huh?
Nuts To Me
This morning I converted a mistake into a benefit. I walked out of my house without my camera gear (no big loss since I don’t seem to be shooting, right?). If I didn’t live in a world where I feared that asshats would break into people’s houses and steal their belongings I may have hopped into the car and drove to work without my gear. However, since I do live in such a world I decided to wait the two or so minutes for my alarm system to “set” before heading back into the house to fetch the gear.
Did you know that Thanksgiving (American-style) is fewer than two weeks away? Did you know that the pecans on pecan trees reach their “ripeness” at this time of year (hence the presence of pecan pies on Thanksgiving tables). Did you know that I have a pecan tree at the end of my driveway?
I took a baggy from my car and headed to my pecan tree and harvested the three-or-so handfuls of nuts, basically all of those that appeared ripe that I could reach. I can’t wait to crack some open and eat one of the beneficial spoils that comes with owning my house.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay, but wishing I were more efficient
Current Music – listening to the “This Week In Photography” podcast
Website Of The Day – If I were taking more photos I’d probably be checking out Imgur which is another photo-hosting website.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Foot Mileage – 4.5 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 5 (5)
Vegetarian Days – 4, Carnivorous Days – 8
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Restart work on house, actually making progress this time (note: not successful during August, September, or October)
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem