I seriously need to spend more time preparing this blog.
Five Of The One Hundred Simple Secrets Of Happy People
I am currently, and deliberately slowly, reading a super-easy read called The 100 Simple Secrets Of Happy People. Each morning I read three of these “secrets.” (Remember when I mentioned exercising my mind?)
Here are five “secrets” on which you can ponder
- Cultivate friendships
- Turn off the TV
- Accept yourself — unconditionally
- Remember where you came from
- Limit yourself to thinking about one subject as you lie down to sleep
You may find this hard to believe, but I’m trying to live my life under the concept that it’s the only one I’ll ever have so I better enjoy it.
I Made The Only Misstep For “The 39 Steps”
I met up at ITP-Reader Barb’s (and Allan’s) house for a delicious dinner prior to the three of us heading to the Cobb Energy Centre for “The 39 Steps.”
Barb had gone to the box office yesterday and purchased some sweet tickets. I had purchased my own ticket online months ago, also thinking that I had a sweet ticket. When we entered the theater I realized that I had made a huge misstep. I purchased a fourth-row end seat thinking that having only one person next to me would be more pleasant. What I didn’t expect was that the theater seating would be so curved that I nearly had an obstructed view! Luckily for me the play was far from sold out (a pity too) so just before the action started I moved into an empty seat next to Barb and Allan and never had to move.
“The 39 Steps” was more loosely based on the Hitchcock story than I expected it to be. The storyline was based on the same premise but also included some incredibly funny and well-executed slapstick comedy. I’d suggest that you go see it, but its short run in Atlanta ends on Sunday, so you probably won’t have time.
During This Political Season, Why Not See The Whigs?
Of course the Whigs of which I speak is Atlanta’s “The Whigs” who are performing Variety Playhouse. I’m looking forward to the show, but not having to fight the traffic to get down to Little Five Points tonight.
And Of Course, GO GATORS!!!
Tomorrow is the SEC Championship Game and I’m hoping that my beloved Florida Gators can come through yet again.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay, but severely crushed on time
Current Music – listening/watching to last night’s Survivor.
Website Of The Day – I’m sure that I don’t need anything sold by Great Big Stuff. I’m also certain that they sell many things that I want however.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check, but wish that I had
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 4 (4)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 3
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem