This is more like the Christmastime weather I remember.
Five Of The One Hundred Simple Secrets Of Happy People
I am currently, and deliberately slowly, reading a super-easy read called The 100 Simple Secrets Of Happy People. Each morning I read three of these “secrets.” (Remember when I mentioned exercising my mind?)
Here are five “secrets” on which you can ponder
- Learn to use a computer
- Try to think less about the people and the things that bother you
- Keep your family close
- Eat some fruit every day
- Enjoy what you have
You may find this hard to believe, but I’m trying to live my life under the concept that it’s the only one I’ll ever have so I better enjoy it.
You Wanna Rock? I’ll Give You Some Rock
First, a cd suggestion. A few weeks ago I was listening to a KCRW podcast. This podcast was a in-studio session from a band called Anya Marina, named after the band’s leader. The music played during this in-studio blew me away. In fact I enjoyed it so much that I wound up purchasing their latest album “Slow & Steady Seduction : Phase II.” If you are looking for some new music go to Anya Marina’s website and check it out.
Oh and if you want some free Christmas music, twenty free songs in fact, then follow this iTunes link and download them. (I’ve never tried to link to an iTunes album, so I hope that works.)
On the live music scene I don’t have too much planned. On Saturday I’ll be visiting Charlotte, NC to hear one of my old favorites Emmet Swimming perform a rare concert there. And if you are familiar with Charlotte and can recommend a great dinner location I’d certainly appreciate it.
Yesterday I purchased a ticket for the Dead Confederate show at The EARL on January 8th, 2010.
ITP Flickr Pic
I didn’t think to ask my optometrist for a copy of the photo of the inside of my eyeball this year.
so instead a photo of this instrument inside the optometrist’s examination room will have to suffice.
There Must Be A Site
With my pending trip to Florida I started wondering about if they have a State law banning the use of cellphones while driving (they do not). With my pondering I thought “Certainly there is a definitive state-by-state list of cellphone laws on the internet.” but I am unable to find a really good one.
The best list that I found, and I believe that it is up-to-date, is this one I found on Edmunds.com.
Do you have a better suggestion? This information interest me greatly since I think that I’ll be doing a lot of driving next year.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – disappointed
Current Music – listen to “The Moth” podcast
Website Of The Day – I really need to start exercising again. Perhaps I’ll peruse Yoga Today for inspiration.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 3 (10)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 14
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem