Ugh. I’m very tired and achy this morning. My nose is running a bit and my stomach uneasy. And I’m going to Charlotte tomorrow. Wait, that last sentence is a good thing!
Tomorrow I’m headed to Charlotte to hear Emmet Swimming perform; this will be the first time since 1999 since I’ve had the pleasure of seeing them.
I had also hoped to announce to them that I managed to get their cover of the Billy Bragg song “Levi Stubbs’ Tears” played on the Coverville podcast, but when I saw the playlist for last night’s down load their version was not included as I was told it would be. Dangen!
Five Of The One Hundred Simple Secrets Of Happy People
Now With Snarky Comments!
I am currently, and deliberately slowly, reading a super-easy read called The 100 Simple Secrets Of Happy People. Each morning I read three of these “secrets.” (Remember when I mentioned exercising my mind?)
Here are five “secrets” on which you can ponder
- Make your work a calling. [Just never let work call you at home.]
- Never trade your morals for your goals. [Good thing that I have none to trade.]
- Don’t pretend to ignore things your loved ones do that bother you. [Stop telling me I need to get a dog!]
- Get a good night’s sleep. [Define “good.” Okay, now define “sleep.]”
- Buy what you like. [No problem here, ‘cept I can’t buy the women I like.]
You may find this hard to believe, but I’m trying to live my life under the concept that it’s the only one I’ll ever have so I better enjoy it.
A Fine TweetUp At The Bar To Be Formerly Known As “The Grange Public House”
Next month The Grange will no longer be The Grange. The ownership and management of the establishment will not change, but The Grange has been dealt a trademark infringement from the evil people at The National Grange. In fact these folks love their trademark defense so much they dedicate an entire page on their site touting their litigation. I don’t know about you, but I fail to see how a bar called “The Grange Public House” in Decatur Georgia infringes on the farming organization called “The National Grange of the Order of Patrons of Husbandry”, but then I’m not lawyer.
Name change withstanding the night was a fun one filled with good chatter with my friends John (aka @HamWithCam), Carissa (aka @Romanlily) and Maigh (aka @Maigh), as well as chatting up a few new folks. I ate a delicious “Scotch egg” liberally washed down with pints of Sierra Nevada IPAs.
ITP Flickr Pic
This is a detail of the stock certificate that I mailed a few weeks ago.
I love the details in this document and was sad to part with it (once I realized that I still held it). However, the small amount of currency which will be exchanged for this document will ease my pain.
It’s Easy To Make Your Bed When You Don’t Sleep In It
After returning home from The Grange last night I hit the couch to catch up on Survivor. Bundled up under a comforter I “closed my eyes for a minute” after the show’s end and lo and behold woke up to the sound of my alarm sounding in the bedroom at 5:00am.
Needless to say my couch slumber made it a little easier to get out of the house on time this morning.
It’s Not A Holiday Sweater, But An Ugly Sweater It Is
If my health doesn’t fail me tonight I’ll be attending an Ugly Holiday Sweater party at the lovely home of ITP-Reader Barb. I perused a few Goodwill stores for an ugly holiday sweater but came up short, so I plunked down a fin for a Cosbyesque sweater that I’ll adorn tonight. I had intended to take a photo of myself wearing this sweater, but I didn’t want to ruin the surprise.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – drab, not feeling great
Current Music – listing to the “Best of 2009 CBC Radio 3” podcast
Website Of The Day – While I love 1Password for encrypted password storage it has the limitation that it only runs on the Mac. Last Pass doesn’t have such a limitation so I’m going to start giving it a try this weekend — you know, in case I buy a Dell Netbook.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 5* (10)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 16
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem