It’s another crazy-busy-day-which-will-make-for-a-short-blog day…
Five Of The One Hundred Simple Secrets Of Happy People
I am currently, and deliberately slowly, reading a super-easy read called The 100 Simple Secrets Of Happy People. Each morning I read three of these “secrets.” (Remember when I mentioned exercising my mind?)
Here are five “secrets” on which you can ponder
- Be positive. [Fuck that]
- There will be an end, but you can be prepared. [That’s thinking positively?]
- How we see the world is more important than how the world is. [Two words… Beer. Goggles.]
- Keep a pen and paper handy. [Or a Dell netbook perhaps?]
- Help the next person who needs some minor assistance. [What if that person happens to stare at me in the mirror?]
You may find this hard to believe, but I’m trying to live my life under the concept that it’s the only one I’ll ever have so I better enjoy it.
The Game’s The Same, But The Atmosphere Is Not
Last night I joined ITP-Reader Barb, her hubby Allan, and our friend Kevin (brother of ITP-Reader Randy) at the old hockey game.
According to those who have attended far more Atlanta Thrashers games than I last night was a “well attended” game. While the game itself was fun, even in a Thrashers lost, there was one thing missing — the Guinness-guzzling fan who was always highlighted at the beginning of the third period.
When I mentioned on Twitter the lack of his presence, I received the following…
BenThrashers – @InsidePerimeter He had some kids and lives in Athens.
Ha! I love the internets!
ITP Flickr Pic
Nothing again today. By now you shouldn’t be surprised.
Hockey Last Night, Theater Tonight
Tonight I’ll be attending the annual performance of “The Santaland Diaries” at Horizon Theatre. It’s been a few years since I’ve seen this adaptation of the David Sedaris short-story and I’m thrilled to be returning.
Normally I’d certainly get down to Little Five Points in time to imbibe in some Fox Bros BBQ or some brisket at the Yacht Club. But today is another busy day of coding so I hope to make it down that way just in time to get quality seating.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – fair
Current Music – listening to the latest “Jordan, Jesse Go!” podcast
Website Of The Day – This is the twenty year anniversary of the first long-form airing of “The Simpons” Abduzeedo has collected an awesome number of Homer Simpson artwork.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 8* (10)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 20
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem