I was tempted to put just one word into today’s posts — “Me.”
Goals? Oh, Those Silly Things?
Wow, talk about complete failure. I might as well change 2009 to 2010 and use them again. Let’s take a look, shall we…
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
No, in fact I think I once again top 200. I’ll find out tomorrow when I get on the scale again.
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
Ha! I am nowhere near finishing this book. 🙁
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
I made $50 in profit, and I just renewed my SmugMug account for $150. Somebody needs to get cracking…
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
I gave until it hurt. I hurt at a lot less than $500 however.
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
I supposed I could claim that the Digital Days workshop completed this, but it was not what I had intended.
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
I’ll take credit for this even though my work flow was greatly interrupted by the theft of my iMac.
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
No on so many levels.
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
I can’t immediately think of an instance when I violated this, but I feel as if I have.
Plumbing? I Don’t Need No Stinking Plumbing?
Okay, I do, if for no other reason that I can’t put my house on the market until it is repaired. Speaking of repairs, my plan to fix all of the problems with a room each month in 2009 so that the house would be sale-ready if so desired in 2010 failed mightily. I am not pleased.
(On the Good side of this I have discovered a good laundromat — even if there is no hope of meeting any women there — and have eaten a lot of sandwiches from Lee’s Bakery).
Hmmm, somewhere along the way I was going to start my own company so that I could earn a little cash and invest it into more camera and computer gear. Like many of my ideas in 2009 this never came to fruition.
The Show Must Go On, Even If I’m Not In Attendance
I’m glad that I didn’t calculate how much money I pissed away this year on concert tickets that I didn’t use. There were shows that I clamored to see (Dirty Projectors @ Masquerade) and those which I was forced to miss thanks to the Swine Flu (The Baseball Project @ The EARL, Francine Reed @ Eddie’s Attic), and even a show that I forgot was on my calendar (And You’ll Know Us By The Trail Of Dead @ Masquerade).
No Chicago, No Milwaukee, No Joy In Mudville
I am usually not one to cancel travel plans that I’ve made. I had hoped to return to Chicago this year and then take the train up to Milwaukee for my first trip there. A plane ticket was purchase, but never used since I had to scrap the trip due to financial and time constraints.
Thanks to the latest “Fruit of the Boom” plane shenanigans I just may take that long car trip in 2010 that I’ve desired. Who knows, I may make it to those two cities then…
Tune in tomorrow, yes Dakota, there will be a blog tomorrow, and see what I have up my sleeves for 2010.