It was an up-and-down weekend, nothing I would have expected, nothing I hope to repeat. I hope that your New Year’s was safe and happy.
Even with the long weekend today’s post will be curt as I have an extremely important deadline to meet today.
Five Of The One Hundred Simple Secrets Of Happy People
I am currently, and deliberately slowly, reading a super-easy read called The 100 Simple Secrets Of Happy People. Each morning I read three of these “secrets.” (Remember when I mentioned exercising my mind?)
Here are five “secrets” on which you can ponder
- Let your goals guide you.
- Use your job positively.
- Don’t forget to have fun.
- Believe in ultimate justice.
You may find this hard to believe, but I’m trying to live my life under the concept that it’s the only one I’ll ever have so I better enjoy it.
A Depressing Way To Start My Year
I wait all year for the Cheddarhead hash. I’m not making a funny based on that it’s run on January 1st, but rather that I always have a good time and enjoy the day hanging out with old friends.
If you look back at Friday’s post you’ll see this passage
I made breakfast — coffee, frozen biscuits, eggs over-easy cooked in bacon fat — but decided not to photograph it.
How was I to know that breakfast would be my downfall…
After a great and productive morning, at roughly 11:00am my stomach started to become unsettled. I’ve had this happen to me before and after suffering for a little bit I decided to pop a couple of Immodium to settle things. They didn’t work.
I made it to the start of the hash, paid my $10, and milled about greeting Happy New Year’s to many. I started to walk the hash when things started heading southward. At the beer stop things were not great. I grabbed a beer and took one sip. I found a secluded area and tried to get myself to vomit to no avail. I sat alone, miserable for a while, until the walkers departed. About three blocks later I was done.
Daffy Dick, aka Kevin, offered to head back to his car and get me, and based on my declining health I took him up on it. When I got back to my car I headed into K-Mart to use their restroom and then took a quick nap in my car prior to driving to the hash’s end where I did no more than grab my hash bag and make all attempts to drive home safely.
Once at home, shaking like a crack addict that had not had a hit in days, I immediately headed to bed. I spent the next thirteen hours in the square footage that contains my bed and my bathroom.
I missed the hash ending.
I missed the brats.
I missed the fried cheese curds.
I missed the bowling.
I missed winning a Cheesy Prize!
Dangen! No, Fuckity, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck!
The culprit? All signs point toward the bacon fat. NEXT YEAR I WILL EAT OUT ON JANUARY 1ST!!!
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – meh and busy
Current Music – listening to the “This Week In Google” podcast
Website Of The Day – If you have a project that’s fund-worthy then Pepsi may be able to help you fund it via their Refresh Everything Project.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 197 pounds (hey, look at what not eating gets me!)
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 1 (1)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 2
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (today’s weight was unknown, will start Monday)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in PHP and CSS
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem