Five Of The One Hundred Simple Secrets Of Happy People
I am currently, and deliberately slowly, reading a super-easy read called The 100 Simple Secrets Of Happy People. Each morning I read three of these “secrets.” (Remember when I mentioned exercising my mind?)
Here are five “secrets” on which you can ponder
- Be conscientious. [I need to learn how to spell conscientious correctly first.]
- Don’t dwell on unwinnable conflicts.
- Enjoy the ordinary. [But I’m trying to be extraordinary!!!]
- Focus not on the world’s tragedies, but on the world’s hope.
- Get a hobby. [If only I could think of a hobby I enjoyed…]
You may find this hard to believe, but I’m trying to live my life under the concept that it’s the only one I’ll ever have so I better enjoy it.
If It’s Tuesday It Must Be Laundry Day
Now that the holiday season (I do not get MLK Jr Day off, so it’s not a holiday for me) growing smaller in the rear-view mirror it’s time for me to settle back into my routines.
Once such routine, pesky laundry which, since I’ve yet to wrestle with the plumbing, is still being performed at a laundromat. I have the Jackmobile loaded with dirty laundry and will most likely be headed down Buford Highway tonight to wash some clothes and eat some Bhan Mi at Lee’s Bakery.
Good Night Listening To A Great Presenter
Last night I attended the first meeting of the year of the Roswell Photographic Society. As seems to be routine the first speaker of the year is photographer Craig Tanner. Tanner is both an accomplished photographer and entertaining speaker so there is no.
Last night Tanner put on a ninety-minute presentation about taking flattering photographs of people. It was one of the best ninety minutes listening to photography talk that I have ever spent as it was both informative and inspirational. I’m so glad that I made it out last night.
I’ve Become Quite The Teabagger
Wait! That’s not what I meant! Tea. DRINKER!!! Oh geez…
Since last Friday’s bout with
food poisoning a stomach flu (too many desperate people were sick on Friday or Saturday for my case to have been food poisoning) I’ve been drinking a lot of tea. Tea is the non-ginger-ale drink of choice for me when my stomach doesn’t feel right, which has been happening a lot since Friday.
ITP Flickr Pic
Hmmm. Really thought that I’d have something by now. However yesterday I discovered a really neat place to shoot, only problem is that I might get arrested for trespassing doing so.
Today I Become Subversive
With the big “CES demo” out of the way (CES is this week, and while I once again didn’t get chosen to go to Las Vegas I did get to work long hours to prepare a demo) I get a little non-coding time on my schedule today. My plan is to learn a content management system (CMS) called “Subversion” so that I can safely back up and record all changes to my source code.
For my next trick I’ll be setting up a CMS at home called “Git,” because many people say that Git is better than Subversion, so that I can begin coding at home. It’s all part of Paulie’s Big Plan.
Sounds exciting, no? Actually, I rather enjoy this shit.
May This Birthday Bring You Much Joy My Friend
Hashing types refer to him as “Fag Pipes,” but ITP readers probably know him better as “Steve.” Today is his birthday.
I met “FP” on my second hash, which it turned out to be his first hash. Many beers have been consumed since that day eleven years ago. The next time I get the opportunity to buy you a beer to celebrate your birthday I shall my friend. Cheers!
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – oddly okay. I still have a annoying pinched nerve in my neck which limits my range of mobility
Current Music – listening to an NPR “new music” podcast
Website Of The Day – Need a new “To Do” manager? Try Teux Deux. (thanks to ITP-Reader John for telling me about this site)
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 198 pounds (knew I’d be gaining as I begin eating again)
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 2 (2)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 3
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (today’s weight was unknown, will start Monday)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in PHP and CSS
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem