Hellooooooooooooooo Raleigh! Are you ready to rock?
My immediate apologies to ITP-Readers Lisa and Randy who I’d normally contact when a Raleigh trip is confirmed, however this time I’ll be completely booked. Besides, I’ll be back in this neck of the woods to bless you with my presence next weekend.
We landed last night with a dusting of snow on the ground. WTF? Why didn’t I think to wear a jacket? If you want to find me I’ll be the guy freezing in a fleece. Normally in a situation such as this I’d buy a warmer jacket, but I already own too many.
I Want An Airline Revolution
I’m tired of getting nickel-and-dimed by the airlines because their current business model can’t handle today’s economy.
While sitting in the airport yesterday two of my opinions about this country were confirmed:
- We are a nation of fat people
- We bring too much shit when we travel (and try to bring it as carry-on)
I propose that the airlines charge each passenger $1 per pound, for both their weight and the weight of their luggage. Does this discriminate against large people and those who can’t seem to cull their luggage? Sure, but I’m okay with that.
A Clean(ish) Bill Of Health
The initial verdict is that I am “healthy” with the exception of an esophagus that’s being irritated by acid reflux.
- stress? yep.
- alcohol? yep.
- coffee? yep.
- tea? yep.
- spicy foods? yep.
- smoking? nope. Hey! I passed one!
The doctor concluded that my EKG looked normal (that pleased me), that my urine passed all tests, that my blood pressure was satisfactory, and that all other parts of the body that could be checked on site were alright. Blood samples have been sent to a lab, and the results should be known in a few days. The doctor described me as a “boring” patient — I like that.
ITP Flickr PIc
I wuz in ur Village Draft House, eatin ur ribz.
Almost as if I had been there before and knew what I was doing I guided the rental car to the Village Draft House in Cameron Village. Last night the Village Draft House had $3.50 draft beers and $10 rack of ribs with fries.
Sadly this photo doesn’t do the ribs justice. Also sadly the ribs didn’t taste a fantastically as they looked.
Coming Up Short
I really like the hotel in which I’m staying, though frustratingly they don’t have wireless internet. Unluckily the guy ahead of my borrowed the last ethernet cable the the hotel had to give out.
Because I like to be prepared I had packed my own ethernet cable, but I failed to realize the distance between the ethernet port and the bed, so the one I packed is inadequately short. So, here I sit uncomfortably at a desk as I write this blog. Oh, me and my First World problems…
Happy Birthday Bro!
You card is in my trunk in Atlanta. It’ll go in the mail when I return.
My brother and I have a pact that our birthday cards need not arrive on time; I think that we both feel this way since our mother is disappointed when hers does not.
Ronnie, I hope that you have a great day. I’ll be in contact with you soon and am going to plan to make another trip up to New York for when your weather is warmer again.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay I guess
Current Music – listening to the “This Week In Photography” podcast
Website Of The Day – I’ve loved Photojojo, an excellent photography-related blog, for a long time. I think that you should check them out today.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – n/a
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – don’t know since I’m not near my scale
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 48
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 2 (2*)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 2
Marta Rides – 0
* – and holding since I’m in a hotel
– Not get fired from my job
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in PHP and CSS
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem