I’m awake now because I managed to fall into sleep too easily and much earlier that I should have last night. I’m writing a (short) blog entry now because in fewer than three hours I’ll be commuting to Macon to work a career fair at Mercer University today.
I Keep Feeling Like I’ll Be Someone’s Case Study
It’s been about a month since I first felt a weird feeling inside my chest’s cavity. It’s not a constant feeling, but one that occurs enough to cause me pause.
According to the test results of my physical I am “healthy.” According to the feeling that I’ve had for a month, one which I’ve never recalled feeling in my previous forty-four years, I am not.
Were I not headed to Macon today I’d be attempting to fill a prescription in order to begin a multi-week experiment to see if the doctor’s assessment of my ailing is correct, and to take additional corrective measures if it’s not.
I’m far from pleased. This is not turning out to be the banner year for which I wished. To put it into Ignatius J Reilly’s words “Fortuna seems to be spinning my downward” these days.
ITP Flickr Pic
Here is the best artistic spin I could put on the crock-pot of vegetarian chili that I provided for yesterday’s potluck lunch.
It was tasty, but the way I made it might make for a better vegetable/bean soup.
I’m Normally Not A Lent Subscriber
For whatever reason I’m considering giving something up for Lent (which I am to believe starts today). Haven’t I suffered enough already during 2010’s forty-seven days? I guess not.
What shall I give up? Don’t go crazy on me by suggesting beer or wine, I’m considering soda or perhaps sloth.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – confused why everything seems to be crashing around me this year
Current Music – listening to a CBC Radio 3 podcast
Website Of The Day – I’ve always loved the tern “chowhound” and thankfully someone has developed a food blog with that name — Chowhound.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car all the way to Macon
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – haven’t been in a mood to check
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 52
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 2** (3)
Vegetarian Days – 4, Carnivorous Days – 12
Marta Rides – 0
* – since I stayed in a hotel
** – because I stayed in friends’ house
– Not get fired from my job
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in PHP and CSS
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem