My week has been splintered by Presidents’ Day and the career fair I attended yesterday. Tonight is laundry night (sorry Sal, I can’t give up laundromats for Lent) and with any luck I’ll be able to finally get a photo for my “Movement/Motion” project.
My plan for post-career fair yesterday was to roam around Macon seeking out photographic opportunities and then locate a pizza joint that someone on Twitter recommended yesterday. That plan fell apart thanks to the uncomfortable shoes that I was wearing and the desire to be “productive.”
I got back in to Atlanta sometime around 3:30pm and headed straight to the Edgewood Retail District Target to get my prescription filled. Luckily the medication prescribed is readily available and there were no prescriptions ahead of mine so I was able to roam Target until my prescription was filled.
From Target I headed over to Fox Bros BBQ for a very early “dinner” before heading home. While I really love Fox Bros’ food I really need to evaluate my decisions for eating there. I ordered the half rack of ribs plate and a New Belgium Ranger (which proved to be too hoppy for me) and the pre-tip total for my meal was $19.50. Don’t get me wrong, I have that sort of cash 😉 it’s just that I don’t know if I should be spending that much for one meal.
Once I arrived home I started to watch a Stanford University iPhone Development class and wound up falling asleep somewhere around 6:30pm! So much for being “productive.”
The Case Of The Missing Shampoo
I know that I bought a bottle of Burt’s Bees shampoo (fine hair like mine must be pampered), it’s on the Target receipt.
I swear that I saw the bottle of shampoo as I pulled it out of the bag this morning when I put away all of my purchases.
For the life of me I can’t find the damn thing! I’ve looked up and down, and in any perceivable closet/cabinet into which I may have accidentally placed the bottle. I even looked in the refrigerator! No where is this bottle to be found. On the off chance that I incorrectly remembered seeing it in my hand this morning I’ll be scouring my trunk at lunch to see if it may have fallen out of the bag on my commute home last night.
Strange days indeed.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – well rested
Current Music – finally listening to last weekend’s “Sound Opinions” podcast
Website Of The Day – ITP-Reader Barb gave me the head’s up on Beer Trip Planner from the Beer Mapping Project. This might be the perfect tool if I can manage to convince myself to drive to Colorado this summer.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – did not check
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 52
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 3** (3)
Vegetarian Days – 4, Carnivorous Days – 13
Marta Rides – 0
* – since I stayed in a hotel
** – because I stayed in friends’ house
– Not get fired from my job
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in PHP and CSS
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem