We are only given so many waking hours with which to work. Unfortunately for me there are not enough hours to accomplish all that I desire to accomplish.
I knew signing up for the Black Sheep Hash Black Rock Mountain campout was risky at best. It was a $50 gamble that I was willing to take. It will be a(nother) $50 gamble that I will lose.
This morning I decided to pull the plug (again) on my Black Rock campout experience. Time is the biggest factor, followed closely by weather.
This has been an incredibly busy week, even if you don’t factor in all of the attempts I’ve been making to improve my software development skills. Monday night I (briefly) attended a concert. Tuesday night was consumed by laundry. Last night I spent the evening with my Atlanta Photography Exhibit friends and, while I enjoyed myself, was bushed by the time I walked in the door. Tonight I have not one, but at least two options — tonight is the annual Black Sheep Founders Day hash, and I have a ticket to the Cymbals Eat Guitars show at The EARL. Even though I am only scheduled to work a half-day tomorrow there is no way that I’d want to rush home, pack, drive to Black Rock Mountain State Park, and sit around in the predicted thunderstorms; I have another plan up my sleeve. And yes, I feel guilty for backing out of camping…
I’ve made an executive decision to not sign up for any more events in 2010 as they seem to handcuff me and make me feel guilty when I can’t/don’t participate..
One of the discoveries that help to make my $50 hash donation palpable was noticing that David Barbe’s band is opening up for Drive By Truckers this weekend. I’ve been a hugh fan of Barbe’s music for nearly twenty years.
David Barbe was the bass player in Bob Mould’s band Sugar.
David Barbe had his own band called Buzz Hungry for a while. Buzz Hungry was the band who introduced me to the seedier part of Atlanta — Dottie’s (old school!).
During the recent past Barbe has concentrated on producing other people’s music. Recently I heard that Barbe had started playing out again and had been hoping that he’d be doing an Atlanta show sometime.
That time is this weekend. And since I don’t know when the next time I’ll be able to see Barbe perform I’ve decided that his performance trumps hashing.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – bothered
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – In photography timing is everything as Perfectly Timed Photos will prove.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 204 pounds (WRONG DIRECTION, PAULIE!)
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 52
Foot Mileage – ~4 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 20
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 10 (10)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 9
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the new LLC moving…
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in PHP and CSS
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem