My relationship to this house is probably the closest thing to an abusive relationship that I have ever had. Eleven years into ownership I feel like I’ve been beaten by it often, and yet I’m still unwilling to leave.
While “plumbing” is still the number one issue that I need to address, I am taking small measures to clean up my house’s act.
I’ve contacted a company to come out and clean my gutters, as well as provide a quote to repair the gutters where my neighbor’s tree struck them a few years ago.
Tonight I’ll be meeting with a guy who is to provide me with a quote to pressure wash and stain/seal my deck. My only hope is that there is no wood decay which will need to be replaced.
I’m contemplating replacing the shattered window that the MFers destroyed when they broke in to my home. In doing so I may also replace the other kitchen window on that wall so that there will be symmetry. If I buy energy efficient windows I can write off a portion of their purchase price as a tax credit next year.
This weekend I’ll be giving my abusive lover some love by doing a bunch of yard work, and perhaps even some work up in the attic. Who knows, I may whip my damn house into shape yet.
After work yesterday a handful of coworkers and I met up at Hudson Grille in Perimeter Mall. With the craptastic traffic I witnessed yesterday I was thankful that we chose a bar that was easy to get to from my office.
Our small group hung out to play Team Trivia. With only seven teams playing I thought that we had a good shot at winning some house cash. However, it was not to be. We were in second place at half time, but by the time the final question was asked we were in a three-way tie for third. Unfortunately we had no idea which of the four multiple-choice answers provided as for the final question was the correct one, so we dropped out of the money.
The question that I couldn’t answer which irked me the most was “What was ‘Satchell’ Page’s real first name?” (see the bottom of this post for the answer) I used to know trivia like this. I used to be able to envision a baseball card and “see” the answer.
ITP Flickr Pic
Some times my eyes are drawn to (other people’s) misspellings as they are drawn to a car accident.
The first thing I noticed on the menu the other day was “suuny” where “sunny” belonged.
The Kindle For Mac App (Beta) Is Here!
Another nail in the coffin of dead tree books has been hammered in today. Through the magic of the internets I found out that Amazon has released a beta version of there Kindle software which can run on Mac OS X. This is great news for those who want to buy and read Kindle versions of books without having to own either a Kindle or a WIndows PC. This may be bad news for my wallet as I may be investing in a few technical documents now that I can read them digitally.
Rumor of Kindle for Mac application from Amazon has been circulating for at least six months. It may be coincidence that the release of this beta occurred a mere few weeks prior to the iPad’s launch.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – plump, but otherwise okay
Current Music – listening to last week’s “Sound Opinions” podcast
Website Of The Day – Information Is Beautiful.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 203 pounds
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 52
Foot Mileage – ~4 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 20
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 18 (18)
Vegetarian Days – 2, Carnivorous Days – 15
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the new LLC movingâ€¦
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in PHP and CSS
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
Q: What was ‘Satchell’ Page’s real first name?