I left work reasonably early in an effort to get home, download Mac OS X 10.6.3 and do the necessary backups, clear my deck in preparation of a good washing/staining, and then start writing some code. Before I knew it, it was 9:00pm and I was in no condition to begin the coding process. Dangen! In fact, I may have slipped into slumber by 10:00pm without even trying.
With Every Room I Clean An Angel Gets Its Wings
I am addicted to minimalism and tidiness. Hence the state of my house for at least the past five years has been a constant nag. With the introduction of having people come work on my house and my desire to downsize I’ve been “forced” into cleaning and removing.
I love it.
Last night I moved almost everything off from the deck. All that remains on it are the frame to a patio sofa that has no cushions, the propane tank (for safety I don’t want to store it inside the house), a outdoor storage unit (which needs to be de-spidered and cleaned before coming inside), and a rosemary bush. NICE! Of course once the deck is stained some of these items will return, but in the meantime I’m digging the open space.
I also managed to make two small boxes of “junk” which will find their way to this weekGoodwill. These boxes will most likely be joined by some long-since used Halloween decorations, and some clothing that I no longer need to wear.
Slowly but surely, I’m getting my house groove back and it’s starting to feel good.
Well they may not make for a happy colon but they do a good job on the mouth. I just opened the package and found that they are chocolate-filled wafer tubes. The chocolate is light and airy and the wafer is crisp. Collon is actually pretty tasty.
This Is More New-To-Me Music Than New Music
When I attended the Shearwater show the other night I was introduced to a band called Wye Oak (who I thought were called “White Oak” at first).
I mentioned Wye Oak in Friday’s blog, they were the duet with the drummer who played keyboards at the same time. It seems that NPR was also intrigued by Wye Oak and has posted this Tiny Desk video of them performing. The video is good, but in concert they jam a little harder (no acoustic guitar) and are even more impressive to me.
I Could Use Some Audio Book Recommendations
It’s not that I have so much time with nothing to do. It’s that I have so many Audible credits with no idea on what to spend them.
I find myself listening to and enjoying the following categories of books:
- getting-things-done / lifehacker
- comedic fiction
- most biographies
Do you have any suggestions? I sure would love to hear them.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – a bit “off”
Current Music – silence at the moment, I’m trying to concentrate on the blog
Website Of The Day – If you are interested in alternative ways to find information then I suggest that you try What Do You Suggest?.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 204 pounds
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 52
Foot Mileage – ~4 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 20
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 5 (19)
Vegetarian Days – 5, Carnivorous Days – 24
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the new LLC moving…
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in PHP and CSS
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem