Most people complain that they do not get enough sleep. I’m complaining that I get too much. As I finally settled down at 9:30pm to read about iPhone development I quickly became so tired that I couldn’t make it past 10:00pm. Dangen!
Also included in last night’s sleep was a bizarre dream including a conversation containing a nattily-attired man and woman; I only wish I could remember the gist of the conversation.
My Plans Were Almost Upended
Yesterday I declared that “all” I was going to do was leave work, make a stop for gas and food, and head straight home. During the day I received an email from a friend who was in town for one day and having a happy-hour meetup at Brewhouse in Little Five Points.
I considered going to the happy-hour meetup, I really did. That consideration ended when I didn’t leave the office until about 6:00pm, still needing to make my two stops. With traffic moving at a snail’s pace I nixed the idea of getting food, stopping for gas out of necessity, and then heading home where I whipped up a grilled cheese sandwich, turned the Braves game on the radio, and did some computer maintenance. How exciting!
btw – Unleash your inner four-year old by making yourself a grilled cheese sandwich sometime soon. You’ve probably forgotten how much you love them.
fwiw – I’m taking another shot at a “night at home” tonight.
I Think I’m Breaking Away From
A while ago I stopped updating and checking Facebook.
Last week I started ignoring Twitter because I realize that it was taking up too much of my time, had become a platform for people to brag about things they are doing (or more like will be doing), had become a platform on which I whined constantly (and that’s the purpose of this blog!), and will soon be another platform which will be inundated with advertisement.
So far, so good. We’ll see how long I go.
What Would You Like To See In An Electronic Photography Book?
If I ever get my iPhone/iPad chops in order I’m considering making an application which shows photos — think “coffee table book using a different delivery method.” I realize that many people have no interest in purchasing photography books, but there is a niche market that I’d like to try and satisfy.
If you find yourself in that niche, what features would thrill you to the point of buying an eBook of photography?
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay I guess
Current Music – listening to the “Net@Night” podcast
Website Of The Day – Salt & Fat, what could be a better combination? Actually, it is a really interesting food/cooking blog.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – checking again starting May 1
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 52
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 3 (11*)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 21
Marta Rides – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC movingâ€¦
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in PHP and CSS
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem