It was a brisk 45Âº F in the heart of East Atlanta this morning — on April 28th! I realize that this morning temperature was an anomaly for these parts this late in the Spring, but it felt really strange to be so chilly today.
What Do You Do With An Empty Propane Tank?
After doing laundry last evening I headed to REI to recycle my empty camping propane tanks and purchase a few more. The only problem was that REI doesn’t actually recycle propane tanks. I could have sworn that I saw a box or sign last year saying that they did. Dangen! As a “member” I wonder if there is a way to convince them to do so, especially since REI touts itself as being such an environmentally conscious company and they happen to sell these hazards.
I’d rather not dispose of these empty tanks by throwing them into the trash (as I’m sure I did so many times in the past) and I’m really not thrilled of the thought of hanging on to them (as my desire is to reduce clutter, not increase it) so I don’t know what to do.
Here is how Coleman suggests dealing with the waste they peddle.
If you have any ideas or suggestions please leave a comment.
On the upside, my 2009 dividend all but paid for my new propane tanks.
Go Ask Alice
Tonight I’ll be headed to the theatre. This time I’ll be headed to the Alliance Theatre to see a performance of “Lookingglass Alice.” Tonight’s ticket was bought using a Groupon ticket, so I’m interested to see what that gets me.
Last year I was denied the opportunity to see Corb Lund play at Smith’s Olde Bar because of a double booking. I forget which other band I saw that evening, but I was bummed to have to skip one show for another.
This morning my driving route took me past Variety Playhouse and what did I see? Corb Lund is opening up for a band called The Great Big Sea tomorrow night! Scrap any plans I may have made, I’m going to the early show at Variety! This is the third time in recent memory that the band billed as the opener is the band I am interested in hearing.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – fair
Current Music – silence
Website Of The Day – I checked Earth 911 to see how they suggested to dispose of my propane tanks, but they dealt mostly with the larger ones.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 52
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 3 (11)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 26
Marta Rides – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC movingâ€¦
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in PHP and CSS
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem