D’Oh! Yesterday while doing some work on a settop box at work I realized that I had recorded five new episodes of Top Chef Masters. Having set up the record timer at work, but forgetting to do so at home meant that I completely forgot that a new season had started (over a month ago!). Unfortunately, no one reminded me either. So now, I have five episodes to catch up on before I can watch tonight’s new episode. This will fill the void left by the conclusion of The Amazing Race.
I Was The Model Of Efficiency
Last night after leaving work I did laundry, ate a Banh Mi sandwich at Lee’s Bakery, wrote part of a song that will never get produced, and filled up the Jackmobile with gas at QT — all in less than a two-hour span. Considering that drying my clothes takes about 50 minutes alone this is pretty impressive to me.
I was stunned when I arrived at home last night to find the house at a chilly 69º F. At first I thought that I had stupidly set the thermostat that low and the air conditioning had run all day. But then I realized that I had not, that it was the combination of cool weather and decent insulation that kept the house that cool all day. Nice!
After settling in by listening to some of the Braves game on the radio as I took care of some paperwork, I headed to bed and crashed relatively early while trying to watch iPhone development videos from Lynda.
Ah the glamorous life of a bachelor….
ITP Flickr Pic
I had to dig into the recent archives for today’s shot. I haven’t been shooting, not that the weather has been all that conducive to outdoor photography.
I’ve been tied up with other matters, and battling a little creative slump as well.
I Thought I Had Lost My FLOSS
For the past two years I’ve been listening to a podcast about Open Source software called “FLOSS Weekly.” Every week FLOSS Weekly would download via Leo Laporte’s podcast feed.
Sometime last weekend I realized that it had been a week or two since I’d seen a new FLOSS Weekly and thought that it had gone the (apparent) way of “The Sunshine Show.” Thankfully I was wrong.
Yesterday I found out that the FLOSS Weekly was no longer co-hosted by Leo Laporte so the podcast had been removed from his feed and separated into a feed of its own.
Apple Got Me Again
So I finally figured out how to transfer my Numbers spreadsheet from my iPad to my Mac. And when I went to open it on the Mac I was disappointed to be greeted with an error message telling me that spreadsheet was not compatible with my iWork ’08 install. DANGEN! So, today I’m expecting the arrival of iWork
’09 (Apple no longer brands the iWork suite with a year) so that my Numbers, Pages, and Keynote documents will be editable on the iPad as well as on my Mac.
Oh, and I decided to cough up the $9.99 for Keynote on the iPad as well.
I guess it’s a good thing that I’m still an Apple shareholder since purchasing Apple products is good for my bottom line as well. (I only wish that I had the chutzpah to have purchased a lot more Apple stock when it was below $100/share.)
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – if I weren’t fat I’d be much better
Current Music – silence this morning
Website Of The Day – Local Dirt is another website which tries to help us buy locally-produced food. I know that it cost more, but I really do think that it’s the right thing to do — and I don’t even own any stock in local farms…
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 203 pounds
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – ~4 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 12 (12)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 11
Marta Rides – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem