I may have one of the world’s slowest metabolisms. I ate a large lunch yesterday (two Banh Mi sandwiches from some place in 99 Ranch) whose name I never remember and never got hungry again yesterday. Post lunch all I consumed were two coffee-bean-sized pieces of chocolate, a beer, and about six Ritz crackers (near 10:30pm). I’m not even hungry now as I consume my one cup of cereal.
I’ll be eating a small lunch today so that I might be hungry when I eat dinner with ITP-Reader Betsy, and perhaps ITP-Reader Tony, tonight.
Two Home Depots, One Man
After work yesterday I ventured over to the Home Depot near work. The plan was to buy a replacement mower blade and air filter for my machine so that I could start doing a little better job of keeping my lawn tidy. I was more than dismayed to realize that this Home Depot had neither of the two components that I needed. I exited quickly and decided to try my luck at the Home Depot on Sidney Marcus.
My luck at the Sidney Marcus Home Depot was exactly the opposite of that at the one near work. Not only was I able to get a replacement blade and air filter, I also purchased some wood putty (to repair holes made by fucking carpenter bees) and a new push broom (to replace the second one I’ve broken my eleven years of home ownership).
While walking through the second Home Depot I remembered the old location (I know, that was not the original location) which also used to have a Fuddruckers inside of it, and at one point was open 24/7. I miss those days.
ITP Flickr Pic
The second of the two shots I’ve published from last Saturday’s “Race for the Cure.” I took this because it encompassed the “Atlantic” engraving on the building.
I finally pulled the camera out of hibernation and hope to be adding to my photo collection soon.
Now That’s Just Mean, Amazon
Not one week after delivering Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 to me, for which I paid $74.99, Amazon sent me an email alerting me that today they are having a One-Day Sale on the software package for $54.99.
As we say in the hash “Fuck you, you fucking fuck!
A Few Updates
Without a bunch of new things about which to talk, why not provide a few updates from past topics.
- I still love my iPad, that’s probably no shocker. So far the apps that I am finding indispensable are “Good Reader,” “Dropbox,” “Kindle,” “Lynda.com” (though I wish they’d produce an iPad app), and believe it or not “Numbers” (though I admittedly am frustrated by it).
- Thanks to Randal Schwartz for updating this space about the “FLOSS Weekly” podcast feed. I read on his Twitter feed (@merlyn) he also announced that the show will be changing its name to “Open Source Weekly.”
- I’m finding it hard to use LastPass. The interface is not as slick as 1Password and it seems to require as least one more click in order to get the information I need.
- I’m having similar struggles unlearning Firefox routines and replacing them with Chrome though I see myself working harder to stay with Chrome than I will with LastPass. And for some reason I can’t get the Web Clipper extension for Chrome to recognize my login information.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – meh, frustrated at my lack of improvement
Current Music – listening to the first “Top Chef Masters” (huh, they’ve changed the format a bit)
Website Of The Day – Umbrella Today?. I concept so simple that I wish that I had thought of it.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 201 pounds
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – ~4 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 13 (13)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 12
Marta Rides – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem